Thread: Re: email filtering

gneumm Guest

Default Re: email filtering

I am brand new to this forum and can't find the POST button. So I figured I use the REPLY button.

My problem is that the junkmail folder never empties out. I set it for 3 days but I have over 12000 messages in the folder. The oldest go back to August 2008. I have been trying to delete the junk mannually but it takes forever. Can anyone help?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>gneumm wrote:
    I am brand new to this forum and can't find the POST button. So I figured I use the REPLY button.

My problem is that the junkmail folder never empties out. I set it for 3 days but I have over 12000 messages in the folder. The oldest go back to August 2008. I have been trying to delete the junk mannually but it takes forever. Can anyone help?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is because you were in the Reading mode..All you see is the Reply Option..When you exit the Reading mode and click on the Topic selection..The the "REPLY" Option will change to "NEW MESSAGE"It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor.

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gneumm Guest

<blockquote><hr>GeorgeV wrote:

<blockquote>

<hr>
    gneumm wrote:

<hr>
    </blockquote>
    That is because you were in the Reading mode..
    All you see is the Reply Option..
    When you exit the Reading mode and click on the Topic selection..
    The the &quot;REPLY&quot; Option will change to &quot;NEW MESSAGE&quot;

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,
    without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,

there are several
    knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..

Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your Computer
    Monitor.

<hr></blockquote>
    I see that several posters have the same problem. The Junk E-Mail folder just keeps growing.
    Zone Alarm Extreme Version 8.298.035 never empties the junk folder, even with the setting at 1 day. Thousands of junk emails in that folder dating back to august 2008 finally bogged down my system, Windows XP, Home Edition, and locks up Outlook Express so you can't even delete messages manually.

This is very frustrating since I like the way the E-Mail Junk filter works. I have &quot;solved&quot; my problem for now by sending the my main offender e-mail address to a special folder where I can delete it every day manually.

Thank you for reporting back..Please report the details of your Junk-mail problem directly to ZA Technical Support Free of charge:www.zonealarm.com/tsform Please post back when you find a solution. It will help other users.--------------------------------------------ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:981759120
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5665
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.130.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support