Thread: Emails deleted erroneously by ZASS

lafman Guest

Default Emails deleted erroneously by ZASS

I use ZASS 7.0.483.000 to filter emails sent to me via Outlook Express (6.0). Emails that are sent to me by Lands End are sent to
    the Outlook Express Deleted folder. These are emails that I have never even opened or looked at. The email address for Lands End is in my
    People Allowed list. As far as I can tell, no other emails are sent to my Deleted folder directly. Any help would be appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Emails deleted erroneously by ZASS

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>lafman wrote:
    I use ZASS 7.0.483.000 to filter emails sent to me via Outlook Express (6.0). Emails that are sent to me by Lands End are sent tothe Outlook Express Deleted folder. These are emails that I have never even opened or looked at. The email address for Lands End is in myPeople Allowed list. As far as I can tell, no other emails are sent to my Deleted folder directly. Any help would be appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Unfortunately you may have in-advertantly added that address to your People or Company blocked list..1.) check ZoneAlarm Control center.. / Email protection.. Main Page2.) Click on Junk Email Filter "Advanced" option..3.) Click in People - Blocked tab.. if you find an address in the list that you want to Remove from Blocked.. Hi-Lite it and click remove..4.) do the same for Companies..Does this help..?5.) also Outlook Express keeps it's on Accepted and Banned List..--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.000
    Driver version:8.0.298.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:981293366
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200903.5625
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lafman Guest

GeorgeV,
    Thanks for the info. There was nothing in either the
    People or Companies Blocked list. However, I did not even know that there was a blocked list in Outlook Express itself. Sure enough, the emails that have been getting deleted were identified in the Oultlook Express' Blocked list. I edited the list and it should be fine. Now my only question is trying to figure out how that Blocked list got populated in the first place.
    Thanks again,Lafman

Thank you for your progress report..I'm glad you found the problem in Outlook express..How it happened ? maybe by accident?However, Microsoft keeps a list of Suspicious email addresses and sends that as a Blocked list to Outlook 2007 and maybe to OE?who knows?If it happens again you know where to start looking..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information