Thread: Email Filter not working

melewis Guest

Default Email Filter not working

Yesterday my Outlook Express crashed while reading email. I closed it out and restarted and then had no toolbar for spam filter, etc so I restarted my computer and restarted OE, still no toolbar. I then opened the ZA control panel and went to email protection and made sure all 3 tabs were checked - they were. I then turned off the options and waited for a minute and turned them back on, started OE up, still no toolbar. Not only do I not have a toolbar but the spam filter isn't working. How can I get this working again??

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Email Filter not working

Hi melewis,

Try turning the email filter OFF -->Reboot the computer; then turn the email filter ON and reboot. See if this resets the filter and clears the issue. This worked for another user.

Findley

melewis Guest

I really appreciate the reply! I tried this and it didn't work!!! I'm really getting frustrated here, have tried everything I can think of and can't get it to work anymore.... It really is no fun sifting through 200 junk emails everyday!

findley Guest

melewis,

Sorry to hear that did not work. Crashes and hard shutdowns can cause corruption. Have you tried resetting the zone alarm data base? Here's how to do that:

To reset the Zone Alarm database do this:

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Be aware that by resetting the database you will lose all your customizations.

Findley

melewis Guest

Once again I really appreciate the reply! I tried this also and no luck, my email filter still isn't working. I do still have the folders there in outlook but the filter is not filtering emails anymore.

Thread Information