Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Live Mail

cyphergary Guest

Default Windows Live Mail

I would like to know if there is a way to have ZoneAlarm protect Windows Live Mail?
    The Windows Live Mail program has been around for quite some time, and I would imagine a lot of people use it.I see this question has been asked several times, but I have not seen a way to make it happen.
    -Gary

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Windows Live Mail

<P class=headblack2><A id=8.0.298.000 name=8.0.298.000 target=_blank></A>
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>CypherGary wrote:
    I would like to know if there is a way to have ZoneAlarm protect Windows Live Mail?The Windows Live Mail program has been around for quite some time, and I would imagine a lot of people use it.I see this question has been asked several times, but I have not seen a way to make it happen.-Gary

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is what is Supported in ZASS 8.0.298.000<P class=headblack2>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.298.000<UL class=body><LI>Vista 64-bit compatible <LI>Anti-spam now supports IMAP and Windows mail on Vista 32-bit <LI>Parental control now works with all Web browsers <LI>Improved performance during computer startup, shutdown and operation <LI>Addressed specific stability and quality issues <LI>SmartDefense Advisor (automatic program configuration service) improved to provide more secure, quieter operation </LI>[/list]

---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:981882714
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5675
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

louiserhk Guest

I just changed from dial-up to DSL and Windows Live came with my new ISP.
    (I
    have XP Home, so might be different from what you have)
    I did not like Windows Live at all which is different from Windows Mail (as I understand it).
    Prior to dial-up I used Outlook Express.
    Really missed Outlook Express and

found there is a way to change from Windows Live to Outlook which I did today.
    The instructions are from Qwest and don't know whether they refer to other ISP's, but just thought you might like this information.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail

FYI...<hr>http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/ti..._live_mail.php<hr>Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail

By releasing Windows Live Mail email client, Microsoft has somewhat confused Vista users especially those that have been employing Windows Mail software to send and receive emails.

Windows Mail is the default and free email client on the Vista operating system. It replaced the very popular Outlook Express software. In fact, it would not be wrong in considering Windows Mail as just a better version of Outlook Express - Outlook Express 7? The interface of the two programs is similar with a couple of new and helpful features included in Windows Mail - The automated filtering of Junk email and search utility.

Windows Live Mail (this one is the latest ... yes, I know, why can't they just come up with better names), is available for free download from the live.com web site. It also has some really cool features including Photo email, RSS (in your inbox), multiple account support (including Hotmail, Gmail), blogging etc. These are in addition to the automated junk e-mail filtering and an easy to use and extremely quick search utility.Windows Live Mail vs Vista Windows Mail - which one should you use?

Though the quickest answer would be Windows Live Mail because it's the latest free email client from Microsoft, let us take a step back and look at both the programs from a distance. Vista Windows Mail is quite like Outlook Express - similar layout and interface, hence, easy for the not-so-tech-savvy to start using if they are shifting from Outlook Express.
    The features included in Windows Live Mail, on the other hand, are overwhelming. It's like a one stop solution to several things I would like accomplish through an email client. My only peeve with the program is the childlike interface. Yes, I know I can change the layout (another feature in Windows Live Mail), but the best I have managed is still not that &quot;business-like&quot; - or maybe it's just me!Windows Live Mail features - ...

Microsoft, in a mad attempt to get back some of the lost user base, has included multiple email account configuration in Windows Live Mail. For the layman, it means you can add and set up multiple email accounts in the email client including those from Gmail, Yahoo!Mail (premium account required), Hotmail etc. The support for Hotmail was discontinued on Outlook Express and Windows Mail Vista but has been made available in the latest program. So if your Hotmail account is important to you, I would definitely suggest using Windows Live Mail.

Photo-email is another great feature in Windows Live Mail. It allows you to send high resolution (read, file size heavy) digital camera photographs without cluttering up the inbox of the recipients. The recipients get a small version, a thumbnail, of the photograph in the email message (and you control the size and layout of this thumbnail). The large high resolution photographs are put at a private web location. Only when the recipient clicks on the thumbnail, thus, expressing a desire to look at the &quot;bigger picture&quot;, is the larger version displayed.

RSS in inbox: Email and RSS come together in Windows Live Mail. You can subscribe to RSS feeds from your favourite web sites and blogs and have them delivered right in your inbox...<hr>

benedict Guest

I'm currently using windows live mail too on vista 64 bit. Too bad ZA doesn't support it though. I hope in the near future it will(please Check Point). Just so I can fully enjoy my ZA Extreme benefits.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>benedict wrote:
    I'm currently using windows live mail too on vista 64 bit. Too bad ZA doesn't support it though. I hope in the near future it will(please Check Point). Just so I can fully enjoy my ZA Extreme benefits.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My apologies!
    We are ALL User here in this User Forum..This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notRead or Monitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or www.zonealarm.com/chat/ click on Live Chat IconZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform---------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982324366
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5715
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.130.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

benedict Guest

oh yeah thats right! . thanx!

HI!beginning of 2009 Micorsoft is rollingout POP3 access to all free hotmail users..Watchout when it will be available in your country So you can enjoy ZA filtering also if you have an hotmail account.http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/ti...p-settings.phpCheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

benedict Guest

thanx fax!

phoenixgtr Guest

So does it support Windows Live Mail in XP SP3? I don't see anything end up in the ZoneAlarm Challenged folders even when WLM's junk filtering is turned off...Is there some trick to the configuration of either ZASS or WLM that will make this work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information