Thread: Problem with some junk mail

oldstudent Guest

Default Problem with some junk mail

Since I made the default settings for Privacy controls, I've stopped getting some of the newsletters and other mail that I normally received in my inbox. Some are still getting through, but others are not. I've also noticed that I'm not even getting many email messages that were eventually treated as "junk", but a lot of these are no longer even being put in my inbox. What do I need to do to allow these preferred newsletters to get delivered into my inbox? Where do I go with these newsletters to get their precise email addresses if I need to cite them in my controls? I can't always see them in the proper form. I need some more help with these controls. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

oldstudent Guest

Default Re: Problem with some junk mail

I was able to find the email addresses that I needed to cite in my allowed lists, and I have entered them for the newsletters and emails that I want to receive. But I've noticed for the last several days that I'm not getting as many email messages in my inbox as I formerly did, and some of my preferred newsletters are not be delivered at all. What is causing this change in operations regarding my email? The program doesn't seem to be evaluating my delivered email messages as it previously did. Any help with these problems would be appreciated.

oldstudent Guest

Default Re: Problem with some junk mail

I seem to be getting most of the email messages and newsletters that I expect to receive since I completed the listing of all of my regularly approved senders. I'm still not getting as many email messages as I was earlier, so I'm not sure what is happening to those that are specifically on my allowed lists. I thought that the junk filter was to receive all the email messages in my inbox and then review them to separate out the "junk" messages. I'm still not sure what happens to email messages that are sent to me that are not on my "allowed" lists. How are they handled? I recently had over 1200 messages in my "trash" folder for my ISP email account with Integrity Online. What determines what messages are sent to that folder? I'm trying to figure out how ZA and Outlook Expess and Integrity Online work together to manage my email receptions. Any explanation regarding this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Information