Thread: yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc..

cooloutac Guest

Default yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc..

i have zax.

is there any protection for the webmails...

i don't know anybody that uses outlook express except for me, and maybe sometimes in an office enviornment.
    95% of average home users doesn't use outlook express(everybody i know with a pc), so i'm guessing the email protection in zonealarm is useless for them then right?

does forcefield at least do anything special for
    a webmail.
    i'm so **bleep**ed my father clicked on a bad email with a link to a video that infected his pc.

totally took over zonealarm some random vsmon and zclient crash messages would come up...

the virus scan would freeze up on scan and you were unable to cancel it...
    it was so crazy...
    then eventually the pc wouldn't boot.
    we investigated the problem and found out from his sister in law, that her email was taken over and sending out viruses, which is what we had assumed.
    all this happened while zonealarm antivirus and everything was on.
    BOGUS!!!!!

please tell me that if we had forcefield he would have been protected at least !??!?!

Message Edited by CooloutAC on 04-14-2009 07:26 PM

cooloutac Guest

Default Re: yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc..

a possibly unrelated za question.

my uncle refuses to use outlook express.

he uses verizons web page to view his verizon mail.

the problem is he opens his email in the office and then wants to be able to open the same email at home.

is that possible.

cause the way we have outlook express set up or something.

if he opens it up on one pc.

he then can't open up the same email on another.

or is that just how it works?
    tks for all your help much appreciated.

<div class="pCellBody">Anti-spyware Scanner: This component scans executables you choose to download from a Web page (including from browser-based email) to check for spyware.<div class="pCellBody">
    <div class="pCellBody">^^
    i don't have this option in my general settings tab.
    i'm assuming its on by default?
    which then gives me more assurance and confidence in forcefield protecting my family.<div class="pCellBody">
    <div class="pCellBody">but why don't i have this option?
    i saw this on http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm??

Message Edited by CooloutAC on 04-14-2009 07:50 PM

Message Edited by CooloutAC on 04-14-2009 07:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>CooloutAC wrote:
    i have zax. is there any protection for the webmails... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, the antivirus on access scanner is protecting you as well as the ZA OS firewall,program controland forcefield (if virtualization is ON). ZA junk mail works only with outlook express<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>CooloutAC wrote:
    please tell me that if we had forcefield he would have been protected at least !??!?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes and No, no tool can stop 100% of themalware out there. Its more about common sense and not just push on 'yes' on whatever comes on the screen.<BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>
    a possibly unrelated za question. my uncle refuses to use outlook express. he uses verizons web page to view his verizon mail.the problem is he opens his email in the office and then wants to be able to open the same email at home. is that possible. cause the way we have outlook express set up or something. if he opens it up on one pc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You should ask to theservice provider (verizon?).

Anti-spyware Scanner: This component scans executables you choose to download from a Web page (including from browser-based email) to check for spyware.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is because youare using ZAX and not ZA forcefield standalone version. In ZAX you have it scanned bythe other ZAXcomponents (spysite block).
    Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

cooloutac Guest

tks

No problem! :8}Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays