Thread: Re: Outlook 2007 crashes when Spam filter add-on enabled

jeller Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2007 crashes when Spam filter add-on enabled

Hey guys,
    I too have this problem,- multiple accounts on 1 PC- my admin account does not show the spamfilter bar- Windows XP
    A few weeks ago, Outlook 2007 crashed and closed downsince than
    there is no way I can get the spambar visbile
    I do not know if the spamfilter actually works now...
    Please HELP

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>JelleR wrote:
    Hey guys,I too have this problem,- multiple accounts on 1 PC- my admin account does not show the spamfilter bar- Windows XPA few weeks ago, Outlook 2007 crashed and closed downsince than there is no way I can get the spambar visbileI do not know if the spamfilter actually works now...Please HELP
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have been using Outlook 2007 with ZoneAlarm on both WinXP and Vista for Years..and Outlook 2003 for years before that with ZoneAlarm Suite with no problem..---------------------------It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor.
    ====================

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 04-27-2009 11:41 AM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jeller Guest

Windows XP (fully up to date) upto SP3 and weekly updates
    XP firewall is OFF
    3 accounts on 1 PC:- 2 have no admin rights but do have the spam taskbar in Otulook 2007 visible- 1 has admin rights, but does n o t show this taksbar anymore
    OUTLOOK 2007 v 12.0.6316.5000 SP1 MSO (12.06320.5000)
    Zonealarm Suite with AUTOUPDATESZASS 8.0.298.035includesAntiVirus engine 6.0.2.678AntiSpy engine 5.0.209.0Antispam version 6.0.0.1429
    TASKLIST shows:

ZASS , includiing VSMON (TruVector)
    runs as a service

Tasklist: service MANTISPM.EXE runs fine
    extra management services in the background (for all accounts)- WinPatrol v 15.9.2000.1:15.9.2009.1

I used it to disable some serivces-ProcessLasso v3.54.7

jeller Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2007 crashes when Spam filter add-on enabled SOLUTION IS THIS...

Outlook runs fine, but the spamfilter was switched off an d I did not know where to look for a remedy.
    I found an answer + the solution elsewhere in the forum
    First let's state that I do not have an explanation why it got switched-off overtime.Anyway here is the remedy:
    1 go to TOOLS2

optionTRUSTCENTER3

option ADD-IN
    &gt;

you wil see that SONIC antispam is switched off4 go to the botomline and choose &gt; MANAGE Switched off application5 choose SONIC
    and RE-ACTIVATE IT
    that will do the job!
    6 exit Outlook7 Start outlook and there it is!

Glad to be of service
    Jelle

gryphyn Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2007 crashes when Spam filter add-on enabled SOLUTION IS THIS...

I've got the same issue, however whenever I (re)activate 'SonicWALL'
    Outlook immediately crashes. Outlook will ONLY start if I disable the add-in.

OS Name: Microsoft
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    Version: 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001

Office: Microsoft
    Office Outlook
    Version: (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000)

Thread Information