Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: messages from a list

oldstudent Guest

Default messages from a list

The publisher of a daily devotional newsletter that I have been seeking to receive for several weeks now indicated to me that I "have declined to receive messages from a list". This is apparently the reason that I am no longer receiving this message in my email "inbox". I didn't want to block this publication from my inbox. I don't know where the controls for this setting are located. According to the "allowed" controls for my email filters, mail from this publisher should be delivered. Is there another control somewhere in ZASS that is set to "decline to receive messages from a list"? If so, where is it? I seem to be getting mail to other "lists" addresses. Please instruct me as to where I should go to correct the setting that has created this message to this publisher. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: messages from a list

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>oldstudent wrote:
    Is there another control somewhere in ZASS that is set to "decline to receive messages from a list"? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!No, there isn't such control in ZASS.Whatever you do with the ZA junk mail filter it cannot remove/erase messagesonly to place them in outlook mail folders.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

oldstudent Guest

Fax,I think that I stopped receiving my subscribed email devotionals when ZASS shifted from its &quot;learning&quot; mode to a stricter set of filters. I think that the main Internet Zone Security for the Firewall was automatically set at &quot;High&quot; from its earlier setting at &quot;Med&quot;. I'm wondering if this &quot;High&quot; setting could be the control that is responsible for that message that I &quot;have declined to receive messages from a list&quot; being sent to the publisher of these devotionals. I don't know all of the various programs or files that such a &quot;High&quot; setting blocks, but perhaps it is blocking the delivery of these devotionals.
    I may return its setting to &quot;Med&quot; just to see if any of these email devotionals get delivered to my &quot;inbox&quot;. We'll see. I may create some new problems, but so what. Let me know what you think of this possible change in this setting for the control of the Internet Zone Security filters.Cheers,Oldstudent

Hi!no, those settings have nothing to do with filtering e-mail.ZA has NO capability of un-subscribe from mailing list.It may take you a couple of day but please read carefully the manual of ZA:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...ser_manual.pdfand do not modify software defaults if you do not know what you are modifying.If you still are confused after having read the manual then I am afraid its time to look for an alternative tool you feel comfortable with.Cheers,Fax

garywa Guest

If it were me, I would temporarily turn off the junk email filter in ZA (if you have it turned on) and test to see if the email then came through.
    Next, I would check the spam/junk email settings with your email ISP provider.
    I have found that sometimes email services will update their spam filtering and emails that I used to get, now get caught in the ISP's spam filter.
    If you have the spam filter also turned on with your ISP, try turning it off as a test to see the the email now gets through.
    Also, how do you receive your email - web based email, or an email client such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, etc.?
    There could be settings in these programs that are blocking the emails.

Message Edited by garywa on 05-05-2009 10:31 AM

oldstudent Guest

Hello Fax and Gary,The missing email daily devotional that I have been concerned about for the past 3 weeks was finally delivered into my inbox again today. I had contacted the publisher to request a renewed subscription, because some control in my ZASS had caused him to receive a message that I &quot;have declined to receive messages from a list&quot;. I don't know what caused this report to be sent, but it apparently caused him to remove my address from his mailing list. I haven't made any changes in the basic settings for the filters in ZASS during the past several days, so they are all set as they have been since my latest fresh install of ZASS. I have listed the publisher's address for his company and the listed newsletter among my &quot;allow&quot; email deliveries. That is probably why his mail was delivered into my inbox today. My ZASS program is currently in the &quot;auto-learn&quot; mode for Program Controls. That will apparently be changed to the &quot;Max&quot; setting in about a couple of weeks. I think that there was something in the filters for this &quot;Max&quot; mode that caused the program to sent my publisher the cited &quot;message&quot; regarding &quot;a list&quot;. I hope that it doesn't do it again. If there is something that I can do to prevent this problem from happening again, please instruct me how to do it. I am planning to stay with the ZASS for now, but your further help with this matter will be appreciated. I have printed off copies of several chapters of the user's manual for ZA, but they don't give me the necessary detailed instructions for preventing or correcting this problem.Cheers,Oldstudent

garywa Guest

As Fax has already stated, you won't find any instructions for this in the ZA manual because, &quot;those settings have nothing to do with filtering e-mail.
    ZA has NO capability of un-subscribe from mailing list.&quot;
    By its very name &quot;Program Control&quot; has to do with permissions for various executable programs installed on your computer in order to run.
    It has nothing to do with email in any way, shape or form.
    The phrase, &quot;have declined to receive messages from a list&quot; sounds more like somehow your email address was flagged by the sender as &quot;un-subscribed&quot; or the result of an &quot;opt-out&quot; even if accidental or due to some other error.
    It sounds like you are back in business now that your subscription has been renewed.
    How you got &quot;un-subscribed&quot; in the first place, you may never know, but for certain, it was NOT the result of anything in ZASS.
    Continuing to look for
    the cause
    in ZASS, or some option setting that can be changed
    would
    prove fruitless.
    When ZASS Program Control shifts from Auto-learn to Max, you will be fine.
    It will continue to run normally.

As a ZA User with a Valid License Key you have Free direct Access to ZoneAlarm Tech support..<DIV class=page_header>Service and Support<DIV class=support><DIV class=col1><DIV class=head>Technical Support<DIV id=list><UL><LI>Technical Support Home <LI>Premium Technical Support <LI>Support Center Knowledge Base <LI>ZoneAlarm User Forum <LI>Windows XP SP2 and ZoneAlarm FAQs <LI><A href="http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/support/windows-vista-anti-virus-spyware-firewall.htm" name=&amp;lid=ts_vista target=_blank>Windows
    Vista Information Center for ZoneAlarm</A> </LI>[/list]
    <DIV style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><TABLE class=body cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><B class=headblack2>Technical Support Live Chat[/B]
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST[/b]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><DIV style="MARGIN-TOP: 5px">Live Chat by LivePerson</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 10px">
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>garywa wrote:
    When ZASS Program Control shifts from Auto-learn to Max, you will be fine. It will continue to run normally.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeap! 100% agree...Fax

oldstudent Guest

Hi,Apparently from various threads that I have noted, I am not the only user who has had trouble with your email filters. We'll see.Cheers,Oldstudent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information