Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: messages from a list

Default Re: messages from a list

Hi!I would not take a support forum as a reference for this type of analysis. User comes here when they have a problem and if you search this board you will find all sort of weird problems related to all aspect of ZA, most of which I actually never experienced in many years of ZA use... :8}For your specific case, ZA is simply cannot perform such action (unsubscribing to a mailing list). May be it would be a nice feature for future versions?Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

oldstudent Guest

Hi Fax,I thoroughly understand that the ZASS program cannot "unsubscribe" me from a mailing list. But it apparently can issue reports to various publishers and other companies that their messages to me are being blocked or otherwise not being allowed or received into my "inbox". In your years of experience with Zone Alarm have you ever had any of your mailers receive such a message? I would assume that one reason that the ZASS program provides for an "allow" list of email messengers is because some of its filter controls are set to block the reception of some "lists". Is that a fair assumption? I recognize that the ZASS program is a very complete program
    to provide me with a wide range of security filters for the
    safe and effective operation of my computer with its various programs. Some of these filters are set automatically and others can be set at my discretion. I have been told that it takes some extensive experience to learn how to make some of the appropriate refining settings that I
    may need in order to activate the various programs that I seek to use. I understand that, but that is why I am frequently asking for further help and instructions from experienced users and gurus like you for my problems. Thanks for your responses to my inquiries and concerns.Cheers,Oldstudent

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>oldstudent wrote:
    I would assume that one reason that the ZASS program provides for an "allow" list of email messengers is because some of its filter controls are set to block the reception of some "lists". Is that a fair assumption?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!as already explain ZA has no ablity to remove/delete messages only to move them in ZA mail folders.You will be still able to see them even their are in the blocked/junk list.Cheers,Fax

oldstudent Guest

Hi Fax,I am learning a lot about what Zone Alarm does and doesn't do with email messages. I understand that it can't &quot;delete&quot; or &quot;remove&quot; them from my mail box, but that it can place them into other ZA mail folders. I assume that when it puts a message into the &quot;junk&quot; box that I can see it there and correctly move it to the &quot;unjunk&quot; box, which I have sometimes done. But apparently when Zone Alarm puts a message into its &quot;junk&quot; mail box it also notifies the sender that the message has been blocked or otherwise marked as &quot;spam&quot; or was not delivered to the viewers &quot;inbox&quot;. Is that right? I think that this is the reason why the publisher of the daily devotionals that I had received for years took my address off of his mailing list. It is this problem that I want to avoid in the future. I don't want to have to resubscribe to various publications that have been erronously labeled as &quot;junk&quot; by any email filters from Zone Alarm that scan my email messages. I trust that this description of my problem with Zone Alarm is clear.Cheers,Oldstudent

garywa Guest

&quot;But apparently when Zone Alarm puts a message into its &quot;junk&quot; mail box it also notifies the sender that the message has been blocked or otherwise marked as &quot;spam&quot; or was not delivered to the viewers &quot;inbox&quot;. Is that right? &quot;

No, no, no.
    ZA has no coding, programming or capability to do that.
    That's what we've been trying to tell you.

oldstudent Guest

Gary,Ok. Thanks for the answer to my question. We'll see.Cheers,Oldstudent

Hi!the issue have beenexplained in all kind of different ways.This thread has now exhaustedits usefulness and in order to avoid endless repetitions I am closing it.Please do not hesitate to open a new thread for any other ZA PRODUCT related issues.Cheers,Fax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information