Thread: OE crashes when I switch identities for the second time

ooshicha Guest

Default OE crashes when I switch identities for the second time

I use Outllook Express with several identities (five). OE crashes when I switch identities for the second time .. the first identity switch is always OK.

It does not matter in what order the switching is i.e. identity 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 it always allows the first switch then crashes on the second.

This does not happen when ZoneAlarm is not installed .. it also does not happen when using zaSuiteSetup_80_059_000_en.

The problem stated with zaSuiteSetup_80_298_000_en and I have just checked again with zaSuiteSetup_80_298_035_en and it still persists.

I have also tried a new install of zaSuiteSetup_80_298_035_en after a complete removal of Zonealarm and remnants as described in you support forum. Still OE crashes on switching identities for the second time.

I have had to reinstall the older version zaSuiteSetup_80_059_000_en again, where it works fine allowing the switching without any problem.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition - Service pack 3

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

medukie Guest

Default Re: OE crashes when I switch identities for the second time

Welcome to the club! I've been trying to get an answer from tech support for weeks. One thing I've found that you can judge helpful or not, is that if you turn off the spam filter, it will switch users without difficulty. Hope this incomplete solution offers you some relief.

Edgold Guest

Default Re: OE crashes when I switch identities for the second time

I have the same problem with Outlook Express crashing after switching identities for but I'm not very familiar with the spam filter. Can you tell me how to switch it off?
    And, did you perhaps find a final solution to solving this identity switching problem?

Thread Information