Thread: About Privacy

gober Guest

Default About Privacy

Hi,
    Anyone explain something about cookie control?Session?Persistent?3rd Party?Web
    bugs?Private Header?
    Thank you and waiting somebody reply.
    Regards,gOber

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: About Privacy

Hi Gober!

Long time no see...hope you are well.

Session= temporary cookies
    Persistent= permanent cookies
    3rd Party= third party can include cookies from the first party site but most often are just ad/tracking cookies from third parties and not always needed or wanted
    Web bugs= a form of javascript that can read the cookies, web bugs needed for functions of certain interactive sites but not needed or wanted on most sites.
    Private Header= often called referrer or referer; needed for functions of certain interactive sites but not needed or wanted on most sites.

*interactive sites include many forums, most web mail, online flash games sites, chat sites, windows updates, certain download sites, etc.

HTTP cookie

Web bug

Private Header

Generally third party cookies, web bugs and private headers are seen as an invasion or intrusion of privacy as these can track/count or see certain information about the user.
    However even flash cookies, other invisible gifs, banners/ads, site counters, iframes, javascripts (such as from google analytics or google urchin for two obvious examples), and even some types of .css files, and others devices can invade the privacy.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 05-07-2009 01:40 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

gober Guest

Hi Oldsod,

Me fine thank you, u still remember me ^^... how about you? hope u also well ^^

Thank you for ur reply and ur explanation Sir.... now i understood. And thank you for ur wiki link sir ^^

Thanks

Best Regards,
    gOber

<blockquote><hr>gober wrote:
    Hi Oldsod,

Me fine thank you, u still remember me ^^... how about you? hope u also well ^^

Thank you for ur reply and ur explanation Sir.... now i understood. And thank you for ur wiki link sir ^^

Thanks

Best Regards,
    gOber
    <hr></blockquote>
    You are most welcome.
    I distinctly remember you from a previous long ago thread and could immediately recall that you are one of the most polite and courteous poster I have seen at this forum.
    That courtesy and politeness you always convey is very hard to forget!

I am well thank you very much, and I wish you all the best of everything.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information