Thread: Junk Email Filter

dsps Guest

Default Junk Email Filter

dsps Guest

Default Re: Junk Email Filter

Sorry on the first msg, I enter instead of tab.

Now to the problem at hand.
    I am using Zone Alarm Security Suite version 8.0.298.035 and Outlook Express 6. I have one contact that I can not "Reply" to and if I do, it completely closes out Outlook Express.
    I had received an email from a contact that had been forward many times. I deleted the email and empty the item.
    I have found that if I turned off "Junk Email Filter" and also went into Advanced, People, Allow and remove the email address, closed all that out I could "Reply" to this contact on any of their emails. However, if I turn on the Junk Email Filter and go to, Advance, People, Allow and reenter the email address. I could see that it keep on multiplying the amount of emails from that address from 44 to 88. I then went in a "Reset" Zone but that did not help. So I went in uninstalled and reinstalled Zone but came up with the same problem.
    Could some one please help me with this problem.

Charles_B Guest

This works for me.When I receive e-mail in my inbox.I can open and read mail.If I try to reply, reply all, or forward message,Outlook Express 6 crashes.I found two workarounds that works for me.
    You can disable the Junk E-mail Filter or open mail inbox read message and close message.While message is still highlighted click Reply, Reply All, or Foward on Toolbar next to Create Mail.Any of them will work and does not crash Outlook.You will have to do this every time you open Outlook Express 6 for it to work.

You can also type " Outlook Express Crashes " in Red Search button.You can find many related issues.

Maybe this will work for you.

Have a nice Evening

XP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:984395126
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200905.5885
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

dsps Guest

Thank you Charles B for your suggestions.
    I do know about the work arounds but I was really looking for a fix but I guess I need to open up some kind of trouble report with Zone. I will however take another look at the searchs I just could not find one that fit this situation. You do know that this only started up since the last update, I never had a problem before this.
    Thank you again

Charles_B Guest

Tech support advice me to disable the Junk E-mail Filter.That was a year ago.I myself think it's a MailFrontier issue and not ZA.I guess it's SonicWALL now.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

If you have a valid license you can can contact free of charge the ZoneAlarm technical support at :

www.zonealarm.com/tsform

OR

Customer Service Live Chat at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Message Edited by Charles_B on 05-12-2009 10:22 PM

Thread Information