Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: OE crashes when I switch identities for the second time

Default Re: OE crashes when I switch identities for the second time

Quote Originally Posted by borntorun View Post
    This is definitely a ZA problem, specifically a SonicWall mail filter problem. As always, I'm open to suggestions. Nothing I've done has improved the situation.
    You need to report to ZA support. It is the only way you can troubleshoot the issue. You can even try the beta and feedback directly the developers.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

borntorun Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    You need to report to ZA support. It is the only way you can troubleshoot the issue.
    See my first post in this thread. I did report it to ZA Support -- months ago! They told me they couldn't replicate the problem and had no suggestions for me. I've even attempted to get help from SonicWall, but because I haven't directly purchased their product, they won't give me the time of day. At this point, I guess I'm just hoping that a future ZA upgrade will resolve the problem as mysteriously as a previous upgrade caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by borntorun View Post
    See my first post in this thread. I did report it to ZA Support -- months ago! They told me they couldn't replicate the problem and had no suggestions for me. I've even attempted to get help from SonicWall, but because I haven't directly purchased their product, they won't give me the time of day. At this point, I guess I'm just hoping that a future ZA upgrade will resolve the problem as mysteriously as a previous upgrade caused it.
    Ok thanks!

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

borntorun Guest

Some more information ...

While at SonicWALL's website, I noticed that they offer the Junk E-mail Filter as a separate standalone product called "SonicWALL Anti-Spam Desktop." I decided to install it to see whether the problem I'm experiencing is native to the product or specific only to ZoneAlarm's implementation. So I downloaded the 30-day Trial version.

I turned off ZA's Junk E-mail Filter and launched an install of Anti-Spam Desktop. But very quickly, it recognized that there was a version of the program already installed via ZoneAlarm and wouldn't proceed! I then set ZA not to load at startup and rebooted. When I again launched an install of Anti-Spam Desktop, it again flagged ZA's prior installation and refused to proceed. To me, that says what ZA is distributing is pretty much a straight, unaltered implementation of Anti-Spam Desktop.

Anyway, I uninstalled ZA and, upon completion, installed Anti-Spam Desktop. I wasn't very suprised when it manifested the exact same problem behavior I'm seeing with ZA.

So what more do I know now? Only that the problem is DEFINITELY in the Junk E-mail Filter provided by SonicWALL. I think that means it's unlikely that CheckPoint is going to expend any great effort to resolve this -- or would even be able to resolve it if they wanted to. And with SonicWALL refusing to tackle it because I don't have a purchased-from-SonicWALL product, I guess I'm just screwed (at least for the moment).

Ain't life grand!

Post Re: OE crashes when I switch identities for the second time

Sorry, But None of the Features in ZoneAlarm can be Upgraded Manually,

Both SonicWall and Kaspersky are Intigraded into the Compiled version of ZA so the External Upgraded to the Comercial Sonicwall product and any Updates to the comercial Stand alone version of Kaspersky will not Update or work with ZoneAlarm..

Please Contact Checkpoint Tech support directly with full details of your problem by Clicking on the ZA Support link in my signature..

Only by providing Full details about your Computer/Version of ZoneAlarm and any other software on your computer that may be Conflicting with Zone Alarm, and continue to provide follow up Feedback to Tech support will they be able to diagnose your problem..

Please post back here in this Forum with your Progress report after Tech Support resolves your problem..

Thank you..\
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 11th, 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

borntorun Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Sorry, But None of the Features in ZoneAlarm can be Upgraded Manually,

Both SonicWall and Kaspersky are Intigraded into the Compiled version of ZA so the External Upgraded to the Comercial Sonicwall product and any Updates to the comercial Stand alone version of Kaspersky will not Update or work with ZoneAlarm..
    You completely misinterpreted what I did. I never said I was trying to upgrade or update the Junk E-mail Filter with SonicWALL's product. Rather, I indicated that I was simply testing their standalone product to see if it produced the same problems. If it didn't, then it might have indicated the problem was in ZA's integration of the product. If it did (which, in fact, was the result), then it likely indicated the problem was in SonicWALL's original software. Don't go putting putting words in my mouth or implying that my motives are other than what I stated!

Please Contact Checkpoint Tech support directly with full details of your problem by Clicking on the ZA Support link in my signature..

Only by providing Full details about your Computer/Version of ZoneAlarm and any other software on your computer that may be Conflicting with Zone Alarm, and continue to provide follow up Feedback to Tech support will they be able to diagnose your problem..

Please post back here in this Forum with your Progress report after Tech Support resolves your problem.
    As I already stated (if you would simply read the previous posts in this thread), I did report the problem to CheckPoint Tech Support. They were unable to replicate the problem and have been unable to offer any resolution.

Rehashing the same old directives, when I've already followed them, doesn't seem particularly productive.

What I was Implying, was that in order to test Sonic Walls Stand alone product, you must Uninstall Zone Alarm first to prevent Conflict with the Stand Alone Sonic wall..

However, If the Conflict with ZoneAlarm on your computer can not be Duplicated by Tech support on their Test computers..

The Users of this Forum, do not have the Resouces that Tech Support has access too..

Possibly you have other Software on your Computer that is Conflicting with ZoneAlarm..

Maybe another Security product will work better on your computer configuration..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information