Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Junk Email Filter Causes Outlook Express 6 To Crash When Using REPLY or FORWARD

clamb Guest

Default Similar Problem

I am having a similar problem.
    As of an update a few weeks ago Zone Alarm crashes Outlook Express 6.
    I don't have to do anything.
    Outlook Express runs, the Zone Alarm window pops up, then after a while the Outlook Express window just disappears!

garywa Guest

Default Re: Similar Problem

Your problem description sounds a little different.
    Are you running WinXP?
    Which ZA product and which version are you using?
    What ZA window pops up - what does it say?
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:988631521
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6225
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    WinXP Pro Sp3 with all critical updates.

clamb Guest

I am running Windows XP, ZASS 8.0.298.035 with AnitSpam 6.0.0.1429.
    The window that pops up is the standard ZoneAlarm Analyzing Email window; the progress bar never advances.

garywa Guest

Yeah, your problem is different.
    I've not experienced your symptoms because I've had the junk email filter turned off.
    You may want to consider starting a new topic and giving the details to see if someone can help.

borntorun Guest

Post Solved: Junk Email Filter Causes Outlook Express 6 To Crash When Using REPLY or Fwd.

I've had this very problem for almost two years now, ever since I upgraded to ZASS 7.0.408 and with all versions since. However, for other reasons, I'd held off upgrading to ZASS 8.0.400.020. This week, I finally got around to doing the upgrade and -- voila! -- the problem is now gone. So my experience, obviously very different from garywa's, is that the latest version solves the long-standing problem. (Yes, I'm running the same OS he is: WinXP Pro SP3 with all critical updates.) My suggestion is to do a thorough removal of ZA (using the CPES tool) and then do a clean install. If that doesn't work, you can try what I've been doing for the past two years -- putting up a "new" e-mail in the background as soon as I open Outlook Express and just leave it throughout my OE session. For some reason, with that e-mail in place, I don't get the crashes!
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 15th, 2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Resolved

Default Re: Junk Email Filter Causes Outlook Express 6 To Crash When Using REPLY or FORWARD

" My suggestion is to do a thorough removal of ZA (using the CPES tool) and then do a clean install. "

borntorun : Only one question to ask.Have you rebooted your computer since using removal tool and clean reinstall, have you tried Reply after reboot to see if it doesn't crash.

BTW : The workaround that I use and works for me is to open and read mail.Close messages.While message is still highlighted
    click Reply and it won't crash.

Have a nice Day

Charles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information