Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deleted Win32.Softomate, not sure if the trojan is hidden/suppressed by ZA internet sec. suite

oxford Guest

Default Re: Deleted Win32.Softomate, not sure if the trojan is hidden/suppressed by ZA internet sec. suite

it's certainly a possibility, actually i'm beginning to believe IT is one, but what is convincing me otherwise, is that whenever the trojan [Win32.Softomate] shows it's ugly face in the registry, my internet bandwidth fluctuates up/ down erratically.. and invariably slows to a crawl

I am convinced this is directly influenced by some "person" remotely accessing my computer

This is because he/she is probably is:

1) stealing my bandwidth..

2) accessing my files, downloading stuff off my computer etc.., or

3) issuing malicious code

Message Edited by oxford on 09-06-2006 08:34 AM

mjbwebpro Guest

Default Re: Deleted Win32.Softomate, not sure if the trojan is hidden/suppressed by ZA internet sec. suite

its cazy i know trust me i reformated and everthing still comes up they really need to look into this OMG it takes me 3 1/2 hours to reformat and load everything in my computer this is why they want $3/min for phone support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please fix zonealarm God!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neilb Guest

I'm re-posting to this thread since I want it seen by ZL, and I've possibly wasted days of effort, and changed pin codes and passwords as a precaution:Win2k Prof, SP4, all the latest MS updates. ZA 6.5.737.000.

I've deleted several times and seen recurrence after a network disable/enable. I've re-installed 6 month-old disc (ghosted) images and found it there.
    I've run the following after provoking the thing with ZA and NOT deleting:
    AdAware
    DigitalPatrol
    Xoft
    Kaspersky
    SuperAntiSpyware
    SpywareDoctor
    Ewido
    NONE of them see it, but re-run ZA, and guess what - it's there. (Or is it?). I've spent several days on this and am pretty annoyed.

I'm looking to buy 2 more security packages, and report to a small user group - can anyone recommend a supplier who cares enough to keep their customers happy?

Message Edited by NeilB on 09-07-2006 09:19 AM

Message Edited by NeilB on 09-07-2006 09:29 AM

jimrps Guest

After the Zone Alarm update today WIN32.Softomate is no longer found by ZSS Pro on my computers. Perhaps this was just a false positive. It would be good if Zone Alarm would address this issue. Unfortunately possible legal issues and politics always seem to get in the way of information flow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information