Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zone labs need to fix this Win32.Softomate is a false positive!!!!!!

mjbwebpro Guest

Default Zone labs need to fix this Win32.Softomate is a false positive!!!!!!

Zone labs need to fix this Win32.Softomate is a false positive!!!!!! i have done a scan with every anti-virus software and spyware on the planet software no other software comes across as my system having this Win32.Softomate you'd think by all the post here they would have fixed this false positive!!!!!!

Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

exbrummie Guest

Default Re: Zone labs need to fix this Win32.Softomate is a false positive!!!!!!

I too had this last night and this morning again. The second time I quarantened it and have since done a full scan with a2 and spybot. Will give Ad-Aware a go later but as yet I too haven't found it with anything else? I have posted a question about it on the a2 help forum so if I do get any feed back I will post back to let you know. I searched google and one chap reckoned Z/A had found it and deleted it several times now to date!!!

mjbwebpro Guest

Default Re: Zone labs need to fix this Win32.Softomate is a false positive!!!!!!

Thanks for posting you would think that someone at zone labs would be so kind as to review the forums to keep up to date on user issues with there products but the ponit is they need to beaware of the problems and fix them keep posting all to make a point to zone labs problems happen but it's not like zone labs just started yesterday

oxford Guest

Does Win32.Softomate slow your downloads speeds to a crawl?

=OR=

make your download speeds fluctuate in a weird pattern, like it does for me?

then, after you've either deleted the reg key manually by opening regedit, then selecting/deleting the key Or scanning the regular way with ZAISS then deleting/quarantining . . .. .. .. the connection is back to normal :repairs itself..? or a hacker is cut off because you deleted the registry key tojan?!?:

rob

Message Edited by oxford on 09-06-2006 09:58 AM

oxford Guest

Does Win32.Softomate slow your downloads speeds to a crawl?

=OR=

make your download speeds fluctuate in a weird pattern, like it does for me?

then, after you've either deleted the reg key manually by opening regedit, then selecting/deleting the key Or scanning the regular way with ZAISS then deleting/quarantining . . .. .. .. the connection is back to normal :repairs itself..? or a hacker is cut off because you deleted the registry key tojan?!?:

rob

mjbwebpro Guest

:smileymadNo i don't notice a speed difference but i honestly think if it was a hacker you would see some sign such as a running process i think I'm not an expert plus if the Trojan detection was true another scanner would show it what are the odds X-(

neilb Guest

Win2k Prof, SP4, all the latest MS updates. ZA 6.5.737.000.I've deleted several times and seen recurrence after a network disable/enable. I've re-installed 6 month-old images and found it there.I've run the following after provoking the thing with ZA and NOT deleting:AdAwareDigitalPatrolXoftKasperskySuperAnt iSpywareSpywareDoctorEwidoNONE of them see it, but re-run ZA, and guess what - it's there. (Or is it?). I've spent several days on this and am pretty annoyed.I'm looking to buy 2 more security packages, and report to a small user group - can anyone recommend a supplier who cares enough to keep their customers happy?

unhappy_viewer Guest

You might have to wait for a forum moderator to come and give you an official word. But remember that you can exclude your false-positives from future scans if you know the entry is legitimate by selecting "Ignore Always" from the drop-down box.

forum_moderator Guest

Read the USER Guidelies and Terms of use again, before you post again!THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL SUPPORT! PERIOD!If you want to report something to ZL use the information in the FAQs at the top.Forum Moderator

mjbwebpro Guest

Thanks, i guess at lest someone from here notice a lot of people are angry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information