Thread: win32.thoog.gx

ralphzone Guest

Default win32.thoog.gx

ZA 737 reported that it had found win32.thoog.gx on my pc but neither ZA nor Google have any reference to this. I also checked it with several other AV/AS products that found nothing, but the file WAS suspicious. It was a zip file that I downloaded but did not open and it was about 35k in size. Anyone ever hear of this?Also, oddly, ZA reported that it couldn't remove it, but I simply deleted it with no problem. Was it a case of ZA not being able to delete it or not wanting to delete it before review?Also, oddly, even though there was one file shown in Explorer, ZA reported 3 files with the same name but with different redirectors, as in:virus.zip > nastyfile.exevirus.zip > realnastyfile.exevirus.zip >reallynastyfile.exeAny explanation?Finally, since I didn't open it but just viewed the files in that directory, should I be concerned now that I've deleted it?Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: win32.thoog.gx

Should be OK as long as the virii or malware or whatever was in the file never got to run.Here's a link if you want more info about thoog and familyhttp://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/v....aspx?ID=53947

Message Edited by Jeruselem on 09-09-2006 10:12 PM

Thread Information