Thread: Trojan and Anti-trojan software

myztic Guest

Default Trojan and Anti-trojan software

Hi,

For some unknown reason AVG Pro has located the Trojan Horse Generic2.ATS that's embedded itself into 3 zip folders containing programs on a different HDD to that of my operating system.

I have Anti-spyware program monitoring my system, I use Ad-aware, AVG Pro, Zone Alarm Pro with the latest upgrade. None of these prevent a trojan from entering my pc?

What I don't understand is, why ZA having upgraded their program to have ANTI-TROJAN software included. My ZA is monitoring all the time as too my other programs yet a trojan can slip through and I have no idea how as I've downloaded nothing since the upgrade of ZA. This is most confusing.

Please, please ZA add anti-trojan software to your program please.

Now I have the arduous task of trying to rid my PC of this trojan that AVG Pro cannot heal!!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions of a really good and reliable anti-trojan software than I can use to prevent any of these nasties getting into my pc.

The annoying thing is, I'm just so careful.... and it beats me how these nasties get it without downloads.

Cheers
    Maureen

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Trojan and Anti-trojan software

Myztic, try running an online scan from www.ewido.net and hopefully it will be able to get rid of the trojan for you.

Without downloads - safe downloads or safe sites aside; the email and IM and P2P and IRC and filesharing is some of the commonest way for trojans and malware to enter the PC. U
    sually whatever I download in placed three folders deep into a designated download folder. then scanned with the antivirus and antispies (numerous). Even the other online scans from ewido and bitdefender and kaspersky can be used to scan the designated folder........ jotti scan is very good since it uses many av scanners at once to scan any unknown packages.

Browsers using or not controlloing the activeX VB scripts, and java will be always be a threat to the PC security. Controlling these in the ZA Privacy and in the browsers themselves will eliminate this internet security risk.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

exbrummie Guest

A few have mentioned Ewideo, this had a good recent review in PC Advisor magazine, said it was a goodtrojan finder. I also use a2 freefrom Emsisoftand that is also good at finding and deleting trojans.

Thread Information