Thread: Can not send infected file to malware@zonelabs.com :-(

shraga Guest

Default Can not send infected file to malware@zonelabs.com :-(

Hi I was try to send infected file to this email and the mail was return to me twice :-(.Here is the return mail:The original message was received at Sat, 16 Sep 2006 04:37:25 -0700
    from heller.inter.net.il [192.114.186.73]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <malware@zonelabs.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    <malware@zonelabs.com>... Deferred: Connection timed out with malmail.zonelabs.com.
    Message could not be delivered for 3 days
    Message will be deleted from queue
    Is there any other way to send infected files to you ? The was infected by Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Delf.vd.Thanks Shraga

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Can not send infected file to malware@zonelabs.com :-(

Looks like the Zonelabs mail server is a little busy. Try again a few days and see if they've cleared the backlog.

Hi

To remove or verify what it's about, try a free online scan from bitdefender.com The freeware Ewido from ewido.net/ should remove it- use either the online scan or the download/install/update. It is a trojan. Use the IE6 for the online scans.

One of the best and fastest-answer sites for scanning suspect files is jotti-

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

It uses many approved scanners to give you an excellent answer.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

shraga Guest

HiI was check the file with : http://virusscan.jotti.org/
    very good site :-)The problem is that i was submitd
    this file twice 4 month ago and no one in zonelab was find this trojan/virus and still zone alaram did not find it :-( :-(
    Here is the report:File:MATROL.ZIPStatus:INFECTED/MALWAREMD549babefd1c12b6264fff31b898e78887Packers detected:PE_PATCH, NSPACK, ASPACKScanner resultsAntiVir Found Backdoor-Server/Bifrose.d backdoorArcaVirFound Trojan.Bifrose.LaAvast Found Win32:Crypt-CYAVG Antivirus Found BackDoor.Generic.KKPBitDefender Found Backdoor.Bifrost.DXClamAVFound Trojan.Bifrose-33Dr.Web Found BackDoor.BifrostF-Prot Antivirus Found nothingFortinet Found W32/Bifrose.D!tr.bdrKaspersky Anti-Virus Found Backdoor.Win32.Bifrose.laNOD32 Found a variant of Win32/BifroseNorman Virus Control
    Found Sandbox: W32/Malware; UNA Found nothingVirusBuster Found nothingVBA32 Found Backdoor.Win32.Bifrose.la

Hi

A easy/safe way to fix the holes of the antivirus is use the Ewido. It turns into freeware after the trial is over. The guard is gone and the automatic updates are gone, but it is a first class antitrojan scanner besides finding/removing malware and cookies.

I personally do not like the suites made by anyone. I choose my firealls and and antiviruses as I please and always pick the best ones available. KAV6 and the AntiVir are amongst the top performers of the entire field. Both are extremley light and very fast! Detection and removal is very good. The ZA is included in my selection of firewalls- I am not limited to just one firewall maker (and no I will not say what brands they are). Ditto for the HIPS- I use the best of it's group, plus they is free. As for antispies- just the free on demand scanners are enough for me.

As for the trojan that has appeared twice in six months- the question is why it has appeared twice in six months. Perhaps the advice of prevention is better than the advice of removal/treatment. Is it coming in the messengers, browsing, emails, downloads or filesharing. Any of these vulnerabilities can be reinforced and setup to prevent any intrusion or attack. Ask away- I maybe able to help you make the PC bullet proof. Just be prepared for some nights of actual working on the PC's OS and the setup of the security and some of your habits.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information