Thread: Win32.Canbede!downloader

david_g Guest

Default Win32.Canbede!downloader

Hi to the ZoneLabs Community. I just joined, having done a scan which found the Win32.Canbede!downloader which had been quarantined by PestPatrol, a previous anti-virus program I used to use. ZL says there's nothing it can do about it. I figure it's doing no harm where it is, but it would satisfying to purge it. Would it be safe to delete the quarantine folder that contains it? Any other suggestions, anyone?
    David-G

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

radovan Guest

Default Re: Win32.Canbede!downloader

Hi David-G,
    I suppose that quarantine folder is not main folder for this virus/worm file :-D PastPatrol foud this file somewhere (Windows, Windows/system, Windows/system32/ etc.) and moved it to the quarantine folder, for safety's sake (just in case). When your system and programs works corretly (I suppose it works right) you can this worm, file... erase. If you are sceptic - move this file to other folder, reset PC. If system works right, you can erese it.

Message Edited by Radovan on 10-07-200607:35 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

gerard_konijn Guest

Default Re: Win32.Canbede!downloader

Hi David-G and welcome to the ForumWin32.Canbede!downloader is a Trojan Horse. Download ewidohttp://www.ewido.net/en/download/Developed forWindows 2000 and XP.And make a full system scan after the install.Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands

Thread Information