Thread: backweb-7288971.exe <= Search Google.com

jamescha Guest

Cool backweb-7288971.exe <= Search Google.com

Zone Alarm shows a message &quot;backweb-7288971.exe is trying to access the internet&quot; through some IP address. How can find which program is associated with this file? Is this a definate spyware?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:

Default Re: backweb-7288971.exe

Spyware! Remove it immediately using your anti-spyware programs, or a Kodak program! I know, Kodak should not name files like that.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...88971.exe.html

Message Edited by Jeruselem on 10-09-200611:06 PM

naivemelody Guest

Backweb is a very common software that is used by various 'legitimate' popular companies, like:
    'HP/Compaq' pc's, Logitech- mice, Kodak- digital cameras, F-Secure -anti-virus software,etc. There is a very interesting and informative article in 'SmartComputing' magazine- October 2006 issue- &quot;Watch Your Back - Avoid BackWeb Problems&quot; by Gregory Anderson. If you want to read
    the article or print it right now, go
    www.google.com and type in search for: 'Watch Your Back Avoid BackWeb Problems, SmartComputing' see and click
    &quot;Smart Computing Article-Watch Your Back&quot; . You'll get the full print article, if you try going to SmartComputing website, they won't give you the full article, go to google like I prescribed. Imagine all the HP and Compaq pc's out there with BackWeb, I have a Compaq, and I know for sure that
    my Webroot SpySweeper has a long list of BackWeb files in quarantine, which I think has prevented some of those HP updates/Compaq connections
    from reaching me, oh well.
    Read the article and decide for yourself what you will do. NaiveMelody NYC 10-11-06~11:05pm e.s.t. :8} - don't stop what you're doing - puff daddy/lil' kim

When I installed my Logitech drivers for the MX518, spyware went nuts and zapped the Backweb installed by Logitech. Mouse driver still works so no problems on that front.

Gee you both live such exciting lives with backweb installed on your machines and all that antispyware

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information