Thread: Not-A-Virus.Exploit.Win32.CAN.20030533

jenaguru Guest

Default Not-A-Virus.Exploit.Win32.CAN.20030533

Recently EWIDO detected this in my computer. Many traces of it found. I deleted all but one which is embedded in a very important large file that is very useful to me and I dont want to delete the whole file. EWIDO giving option to delete the whole file if I want to delete or qurqntine it. Is there any way to save the file?

Thanks all members. Please help.
    jenaguru.

Default Re: Not-A-Virus.Exploit.Win32.CAN.20030533

Depends on the file. Can you give us an idea of what kind of file it is? A txt file, a WordPerfect file, a word file? What kind of file it is will make a difference.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Best regards.
    oldsod

jenaguru Guest

Hello Hoov, Nice reading your reply. Seems there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. The file is a .exe file , a prog made by one of my friends. Is it possible to save the file from deleting as well as making it disinfected.

Hi Oldsod, the links didnt helped that much to solve my problem.

Thanks all.
    jenaguru.

"""C:\WINNT\$NtUninstallKB921883$\netapi32.dll -> Not-A-Virus.Exploit.Win32.CAN.20030533 : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
    C:\WINNT\ServicePackFiles\i386\netapi32.dll -> Not-A-Virus.Exploit.Win32.CAN.20030533 : Cleaned with backup (quarantined)."""

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=86472

Yes the reports and solutions are starting to appear. So maybe this is a new appearance of some malware.
    When I first googled this there was just several several, now the page is full. By the weekend it could be several pages from google.

JenaGuru, I would myself just run the HJT and see what gives. Posting the HJT Log for some expert advice or solutions is prudent. More than just one .exe is probably involved and the possibility of .dlls and registry pollution is still there. This HJT forum seems to have fixed the problem, so I would try there first.

Take care.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information