Thread: More JS.Feebs

freepam Guest

Default More JS.Feebs

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I came because I got the JS.Feebs file in my scan. After reading the previous posts and doing the Stinger and the Cureit scans and having them both come up negative, I realize that the ZA popup only shows up after visiting my inbox at Gmail.I tried to find out which email triggered it but it was going from any other folder, trash, spam or whatever back to the Inbox.So I guess I am going to ignore it for now. I don't think my computer is infected, I have searched for all that stuff in the registry that it talked about in the other program and there's nothing there.One thing I would like to find out if anyone knows. The popup says JS.Feebs, then under treatment it says error, then under path it shows C/Documents and Settings...

How can I find out the full path for that? I don't think it's there but I'd like to go and see if I could only get the full path to show up.Thanks a lot for the previous help. It stopped me from panicking.Pam

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: More JS.Feebs

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>freepam wrote:
    One thing I would like to find out if anyone knows. The popup says JS.Feebs, then under treatment it says error, then under path it shows C/Documents and Settings... How can I find out the full path for that? I don't think it's there but I'd like to go and see if I could only get the full path to show up.Thanks a lot for the previous help. It stopped me from panicking.Pam

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!to see the complete path you need to go to the "Alerts and Logs" Tab --&gt; Log Viewer Tab --&gt; Alert type: Antivirus --&gt; Select the JS.Feebs --&gt; Under Entry Detail (a box a the buttom of the page) you will see the full path. If not, right click of the mouse buttonover the"Entry Detail" box --&gt; copy --&gt; paste in notepad.Please report this false positive to the addresses mentioned in the other messages. More people complain, sooner will be fixed.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

freepam Guest

Thanks a lot, Fax, that was very helpful.It turned out that the file wasn't named jsfeebs at all - it was a temporary interenet file named mail1.So I cleaned out my temporary internet files and haven't had it pop up again yet this morning.Pam

Good!:8}Thanks for the feedback.Fax

starburst Guest

Hi,

I tried to do what you suggested to Pam as well... this is one of the paths:

C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

However, there is no &quot;Local Settings&quot; folder in this location. Where do I go from there? Thanks. I feel so computer illiterate.

Starburst

freepam Guest

HaHa, I know the answer to that one! There wasn't a folder like that on my computer either so I took the whole address string and put it in search and it found the file. I deleted it. But then I deleted all my temp files because it keeps coming back.You delete all temporary internet files by going to help and support and putting delete temporary internet files in the search and then following directions. It used Disk Cleanup. You don't need those files and they clutter up your computer - and in this case could be dangerous.Pam

Hi,"local settings" folder is hidden as many other system folders and files.To display hidden files and folders do the following:1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
    - Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    -Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options.
    2. On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders. But there is an easier solution. Just delete your browser cache... (IE7--&gt; tools --&gt;internet options--&gt;delete--&gt;Temporary Internet Files --&gt; delete)Fax

starburst Guest

Cool. That part worked completely. I'll keep you posted on the other thread. Thanks to you both!

Thread Information