Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jkhfc.dll detected as virus by ZA ISS 7, but can't delete, remove, repair, or quarantine it, help!

Default Re: jkhfc.dll detected as virus by ZA ISS 7

No, he disabled vsmon! So, in other words he disabled ZA firewall.Unless you have another firewall, this is not something that we can suggest to other users as workaround. The workaround works because you basically remove ZA The best would be to remove Spyware Doctor and wait for a fix to beissued withSpyware Doctor 5.Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jasonalangraves Guest

Hello,

vsmon is not disabled! It does start up once XP loads!!

jasonalangraves Guest

Hello, I'm just responding to this message. First of all, no srescan.sys is not disabled, it functions normally. Secondly vsmon is also not disabled, it starts up when XP loads to the desktop.

Fax, another guy who posted to this thread, indicated that vsmon was disabled by this workaround, and vsmon IS NOT DISABLED with this workaround. All components of ZAISS 7 do load when XP finally starts to the desktop. All components of ZAISS 7 and SD 4 do load entirely. There are no modules that fail to load, they all do. The loading sequence for ZAISS 7 may have been delayed long enough for SD 4 to load it's conflicting boot components but I assure you, all componenets of ZAISS 7 do load, and both can load at startup without causing XP to go into reboot on fail mode or BSOD. When XP finally loads, if I wanted, both the full SD 4 scan as well as both the anti-spyware / anti-virus scans will run together. System performance is severely reduced when both run at the same time though.

I have every setting on ZAISS7 set to provide maximum security, and likewise for SD4. All components of each program work.

Thank you,

Jason Alan Graves

jasonalangraves Guest

Hello,

I just wanted to repost that workaround that allows Spyware Doctor 4 and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7 to operate together. Neither srescan.sys nor vsmon.exe are disabled by this workaround, none of the components are ultimately disabled. The sequence ZAISS 7 components load it may be different, but once XP fully loads to the desktop, all components of SD4 or ZAISS7 function.

I added some additional details which I hope makes it more clear.

The truth is, as I said before in my original post of this workaround, I don't know if this will work for everybody, but this definitely solved the problem for me. No more BSOD and no more endless reboot on fail circles.

I have achieved a successful startup with both ZA ISS 7 and Spyware Doctor 4, and both can be set to run at startup (from now on, i'll refer to it as SD 4). First of all, this solution would be complicated for anybody who is not comfortable working with specifics, but, here is how I did it.

In safe mode, I opened ZAISS 7, and under the "Program Control" tab on the left, I went to the "Programs" sub-tab on the right, and for every instance of SD4 I assigned the highest "Trust Level" and also under the "Access", "Server", and "Send Mail", I also set all of these to allow (for SD4 references of course). In my case actually, there were 2 instances of "Spyware Doctor" already listed. Under the "entry detail", the path is C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWARE DOCTOR\swdoctor.exe, and the second instance right below it was "Spyware Doctor" also, and it's path in the "entry detail" is C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWARE DOCTOR\sdhelp.exe. Using the "Add" option at the bottom, I also searched and added any and all other references to SD4, and assigned the same values (i searched, but didn't find anything extra to add here, all was already listed). Now, moving to the "Components" sub-tab, again, for all references to SD4, I set the "Access" to allow. The component instances were already listed, and when sorted by description (alphabetical order), you can scroll to Spyware Doctor, and the components I set access to allow are: spoolss.dll, EXPLOITGUARD.DLL, ikhtool.dll, KEYLOGGERGUARD.DLL, klg.DAT, pscanner.dll, and swpg.DAT.

Moving on to the "Anti-Virus / Anti-Spyware" tab on the left, I selected "Advanced Options", and under the "Spyware Management" portion of "Advanced Options", on the "Automatic Treatment" section, I disabled the "Automatic Spyware Treatment" option. Whether this is neccesary for stability or not, I don't know, but, I set it this way, and it works.....for now.

Next, I went into SD4, and on the "OnGuard" tab on the left, I went to the "Process Guard" sub-tab, I added every .exe instance related to ZAISS7 to the "Always allow the following applications" list. Specifically, I added all of the .exe's that could be found in the C:\Program Files\Zone Labs folder and sub-folders. Also, Under C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs, I added all the .exe's I could find in this folder and subfolders.

But, one last thing is neccesary because with these settings, XP will still enter into reboot on fail mode. Using msconfig and under the "Services" tab, I disabled the "TrueVector Internet Monitor". Everything else is enabled, both in "Services" and "Startup". While this monitor is disabled from startup via msconfig, when XP finally loads to the desktop, it does start.

Without changing any other settings, only disabling the "TrueVector Internet Monitor" will not solve this problem, the settings and exclusions must be changed also.

And this configuration works. It allows both programs to run at startup, and so far, both programs seem to operate together. But, it does not work if I alter any of these settings. Well, that's not completely true. I didn't add the "exclusions" in either program one by one, so, they may not all be neccesary.

Thank you,

Jason Alan Graves

Hi!other users have reported a simpler (and cleaner) workaround to let ZASS 7 to work with SD 4. May be it works for you also....In ZASS just uncheck "Load Zone Alarm Security Suite at startup" (--> overview --> preferences). Then add zlclient.exe into windows startup folder.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jasonalangraves Guest

Hello,

I just wanted to say that your solution fixed my jkhfc.dll problem.

Thank you,

Jason Alan Graves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information