Thread: Winsys.exe Spyware or Win32.Trojan Dropper.Delf.ahh

swampfox Guest

Default Winsys.exe Spyware or Win32.Trojan Dropper.Delf.ahh

This is for Kinglouie and manxie.
    Did some deep probing into my machine.
    Could not find anything relating to the Win32.Trojan Dropper.Delph.ahh
    that the AV/SPY scan referenced.
    But I did find Winsys.exe in the windows\system32 directory by running an online scan with Spyware Detector.
    Don't know if they are related.
    I ran task manager while surfing the web.
    Every new page I enter brings
    up a task running, called " Privacy Info Dialog ".
    I did a yahoo search and found an online service that says it can remove it.
    That didn't work.
    WinSys.exe popped up as a task running and the machine stayed like this for an hour, till I shut down WinSys.
    Then internet explorer shut down.

Did some more probing into the machine, and using the search files tool found the culprit that brought this beast into my machine.
    It was found in the dxdiag.log .Winsys is part of the video drivers that came with my " MSI
    nVidia " video card.
    Don't know if this is MSI's use of the WinSys spy file or nVidia's.
    I realize now why ZAISS doesn't catch this spyware, its loaded in with and acting as a sysem file.
    The next step is if any one can help me in getting rid of this file.

Will be greatly appreciated

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

jjbean Guest

Default Re: Winsys.exe Spyware or Win32.Trojan Dropper.Delf.ahh

<blockquote><hr>swampfox wrote:
    This is for Kinglouie and manxie. Did some deep probing into my machine. Could not find anything relating to the Win32.Trojan Dropper.Delph.ahh that the AV/SPY scan referenced. But I did find Winsys.exe in the windows\system32 directory by running an online scan with Spyware Detector. Don't know if they are related. I ran task manager while surfing the web. Every new page I enter brings up a task running, called &quot; Privacy Info Dialog &quot;. I did a yahoo search and found an online service that says it can remove it. That didn't work. WinSys.exe popped up as a task running and the machine stayed like this for an hour, till I shut down WinSys. Then internet explorer shut down. Did some more probing into the machine, and using the search files tool found the culprit that brought this beast into my machine. It was found in the dxdiag.log .Winsys is part of the video drivers that came with my &quot; MSI nVidia &quot; video card. Don't know if this is MSI's use of the WinSys spy file or nVidia's. I realize now why ZAISS doesn't catch this spyware, its loaded in with and acting as a sysem file. The next step is if any one can help me in getting rid of this file. Will be greatly appreciated

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

<hr></blockquote>

FYI, I have winsys.exe on my system. It was installed with MSI video card drivers. The file is utilized and loaded as an autorun service if MSI's D.O.T. (Dynamic Overclocking Technology) is enabled. I've found after scanning the winsys.exe file for virus/trojan patterns with various programs that the file is clean. I believe some AV utilities flag the file as a virus based on it's name. Personally I have found no need to remove the file. If you wish to deactivate the autorun entry of this file, simply go to your display properties, then the MSI Clock tab, and uncheck the D.O.T. enabled box. That should remove the autorun from the registry.

Regards,

Thread Information