Thread: ZASS didn't find all the spyware

dennispaul Guest

Default ZASS didn't find all the spyware

I have ZASS 6.5.737. I upadte automatically. Today I tested
    ZA against Syy Sweeper. ZA found only 2 of the seven Spy Sweeper found. Since ZA has eliminated a direct email to them, here I ask why this happened. Is ZA an inferior product?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: ZASS didn't find all the spyware

Hi!you should update to ZASS 7 and your SpySweeper will be much more silent (apart from finding cookies).... And no AV/AS can detect 100% of all viruses/spywareCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

dennispaul, the origins of ZA , for which it is
    most reknown for is,
    is it's top rated
    firewall. As Guru Fax has mentioned, the upgrade to the new ZA 7x , will greatly improve your anti-spyware and anti-virus abilities.
    When you upgrade for 'free' to ZA 7x
    you'll have
    actually have two anti-spyware modules; one is the ZA homegrown and the other
    the Kaspersky av/as- and both
    anti-spyware
    will greatly enhance your defenses.
    Webroot SpySweeper is an excellent stand alone anti-spyware(which now has an anti-virus option-version) [I have it too] , but even SpySweeper is not the 100% guarantee- anti-spyware solution - agreed. Having ZA suite, has multiple layers of defense that will block malware or it's progression
    without having to directly inform you - 'silent malware killer' - very nice. NaiveMelody NYC 2-23-07~9:12pm e.s.t. - [amended 2-24-07~10:07pm e.s.t.]
    - Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - coming to DVD -3-6-07 - very nice.

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 02-24-200707:06 PM

Hi Melody!the user has installed the previous version of ZA (i.e 6.5). It does not have the Kaspersky AV/AS but CA engine (that is not famous for its spyware detection)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>NaiveMelody wrote:
    You have the ZA suite, good for you, it actually has two anti-spyware modules; one is the ZA homegrown and the other is a limited bit in the Kaspersky av/as-
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Limited? I don't think so Is one of the best in term of V/S not less not more than SSYes, I had SS with Kaspersky for a year... and SS was totally silent.But if you are happy with SS, I am happy too... SS is on top for what concerns spyware detection tough lately has become quite heavy in terms of resource usage.Cheers,FaxEDIT: Well, never say never

Message Edited by fax on 02-24-2007 01:04 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information