Thread: Cannot treat JS/MS06-014!exploit...error message under treatment.

jamhead Guest

Default Cannot treat JS/MS06-014!exploit...error message under treatment.

Under Alerts & Logs, I have these two listings:
    Type: On-access scan.--- Virus name: JS/MS06-014!exploit. --- Filename: C://Documents and settings... ---
    Action: Infected --- Mode: Auto ---Description: Anti-virus detected an infected file.
    Type: Treat. ---Virus name: JS/MS06-014!exploit. --- Filename: C://Documents and settings... --- Action: Quarantine. --- Mode: Manual. ---Description: Anti-virus attempted but failed to quarantine a virus or viruses.
    When I got the pop-up alert from Zonealarm about the failure to treat this infected file, I clicked on "What to do next", and it said to select from the options listed under treatment, but all that was shown under treatment was "error".
    Can someone please tell me what has happened here, and how I can solve the problem if there is one? I've tried scanning for this virus several times, in and out of safe mode, but have failed to detect it. In the "treat" listing, in anti-virus Alerts & Logs,
    there is no "more info" option, and in the "on-access scan" listing,
    the "more info"
    link takes me to a page saying "Sorry, no article was found."
    I'm not sure how I got infected with this virus, but I think there are two possibilities:
    1. For the past few days, I've had over 500 blocked access attempts, 8 of which have been high-rated. They started when I clicked on a link to a 404 page 5 days ago. Before this, I have had no access attempts.
    2. I got the pop-up alert from Zonealarm about the failure to treat "JS/MS06-014!exploit"
    today at the precise moment I clicked on a new
    website link.
    If anyone can help me with this, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Cannot treat JS/MS06-014!exploit...error message under treatment.

Hi!please read here:http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/v...6843#infection"...VBS/MS06-014!exploit is a generic detection of web pages or e-mail messages which attempt to exploit the "Microsoft Windows MDAC RDS.Dataspace ActiveX control" vulnerability.

This does not necessarily mean that a virus has been found. It merely means that Visual Basic code was found which attempts to activate additional executable code without the user's express permission. This exploit can be used in a malicious web page or inside e-mail messages to execute code of the attacker's choice on the user's machine. Users of Internet Explorer and applications such as Outlook or Outlook Express that employs Internet Explorer to render HTML content are vulnerable to this exploit...."Is your OS fully patched? If not, please update it.Please clean you browser cache and temp folders. Use ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com/download) if you do not known how to do it.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 02-24-2007 03:19 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information