Thread: Issue regarding possible W32.Backdoor.Hupigon.dss infection

fyigmo Guest

Default Issue regarding possible W32.Backdoor.Hupigon.dss infection

I own Security Suite version 7 and ran both an antivirus and spyware scan and during the course of the scan my ZoneAlarm stopped, then Scan Details started running through a list of viruses, worms, and/or trojans until it stopped at Win32.Backdoor.Hupigon.dss and partially froze. Since nothing was happening for several minutes I told the scan to stop and nothing happened. I had to close out the scan window. I rebooted and scanned again, and encountered the same problem. Is my system infected with the Backdoor Hupigon? Is there some other problem that has forced my ZoneAlarm to freeze at that point in the malware list? I did a little research and found that the Backdoor Hupigon is detected by Lavasoft's AdAware and so I ran that program, but it found nothing. Any help or ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

chasblock Guest

Default Re: Issue regarding possible W32.Backdoor.Hupigon.dss infection

I ran into the same problem tonite, ran lavasoft's adaware which found no problems. The ZA anti-virus also stops at C:\Windows\{0000000-00000000-00000001-00001102-00000004-200061102}.CDF -- whatever that is. I wonder if Zonelabs passed on some bad signature files.

sudeep_kp Guest

I have been having the issue for the past 10 days or so. Both the Antivirus and AntiSpyware checks freeze after a couple of minutes. Restarting the application and/or the PC is not helping. I think it might need a clean uninstall and a fresh install. There are some threads which mention a problem with the Anti Virus in the latest version. Maybe they are related.

thez Guest

v6.5 has this as well: Win32.Backdoor.Hupigon.dss, and with latest:
    vet: 30.4.1.000, dat: 30.4.3443.000
    I think a nice software feature would be a way to integrate timeouts that can handle lock-ups more gracefully.

Thread Information