Thread: Windows 1 OneCare Advisor

sxymamiparatu Guest

Default Windows 1 OneCare Advisor

Hi I'm new to all of this virus stuff and have a few questions about what has been found on my comp. I ran the Windows OneCare Advisor and it found numerous severe issues and a few minor one's but also it says that it is unable to clean any of the ones that was found.... The ones that were found seem to be repetative issues here is a few of them. If any1 is in anyway able to help me I would very much appriciate it. I know for a fact that something is wrong d/t comp. acting way to strange things being installed when I didn't install them , IE7 some how the format got changed , etc. etc. I have Macafee for a virus scan when I run it no threats are found... SO I THINK I NEED SOME MUCH NEEDED HELLLLLLLPPPPP .....LoL ....Thanking you in advance for any suggestions or resolutions. Oh 1 more thing since all this **bleep**pola got started on my comp. it keeps saying ( when I restart comp. for 1 reason or another . )resource dll is missing please reinstall the application and on top of the box it has Macfee virus scan.....tysvm Well DUUUHHHH ME
    major blonde moment forgot to put the issues in here....lol....
    TrojanDownLoader:Win32\ZlobIssue 1: c:\system volume information\_restore {f845e3db-f751-4be4-a620-64f2ca1bfb5f}\rp498\90552919.exe
    Trojandownloader:Win32/Zlob.gen!nothing changes in this part or the next only after the rp does
    it change
    {these numbers in here dont change}rp503\a0556286.exe
    TrojandownLoader:Win32/Zlob.gen! dll again everything stays the same other than after the rp504\a0556293.dll

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:

Software Version:

Message Edited by sxymamiparatu on 03-11-200703:18 PM

Message Edited by sxymamiparatu on 03-11-200703:31 PM

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Windows 1 OneCare Advisor

Since all these Trojans have placed themselves into the system restore,you will need to disable it and then reboot thus all the system restore points will be deleted,and thus the Trojans should be gone after you have accomplished this.Once you delete them run the scanner again if all is clear create a restore point after you re-enable the system restore.

P.S the yellow font is a tad annoying.

sxymamiparatu Guest

SS bout the yellow ..lol...I see what you are saying but I don't know how to disable the system restore. I f you could please point me in that direction I
    would be so happy. ty4 help and again ss bout the yellow.....

tasman Guest

sxymamiparatu , this should help you to disable and enable your system restore

Tasman

Steps to turn off System Restore 1.Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.2.In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.3.Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.4.Click OK.5.When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm that you want to turn off System Restore:You have chosen to turn off System Restore. If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer.
    Do you want to turn off System Restore?After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

Steps to turn on System Restore
    1.Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.2.In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.3.Click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.4.Click OK.

After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

Thread Information