Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spybot found Agobot-Ku worm, not able to find file or find with Zone Alarm

zaswing Guest

Default Digression / Re: Spybot found Agobot-Ku worm, not able to find file or find with Zone Alarm

Thanks, Oldsod.You mentioned earlier not remembering how Spybot S&D looks. In case you want to see the relevant screenshot, I dug one outhttp://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1844/sdta2.pnggreen=legit, yellow=unknown, to investigate, red=malware, bold=changes since last snapshot, and for the life of me I can't recall the meaning of white. I like S&D list because of being able to so quickly check/uncheck from startup.

bridezilla Guest

Default Re: Spybot found Agobot-Ku worm, not able to find file or find with Zone Alarm

I passed the C++ exam! Got an 87%, the best grade I have received in that class. 3 points from an A, I'm excited. Haven't been home long and it's 11:30 pm, but I'm getting ready to start the list from you. I'll let you know when I'm done. And in case I haven't said it today (which I haven't since I am just on the computer for the first time today), you are terrific.

Cindy

bridezilla Guest

Default Re: Spybot found Agobot-Ku worm, not able to find file or find with Zone Alarm

Hi! Thanks for your input, I'm so glad to see someone else has had this issue. (not that I want you or anyone else to have a problem) I was just feeling crazy that I could not find this file anywhere no matter how much I search. Oldsod has been tremendously helpful and kind, and since you had this system32.exe before, maybe just unchecking it in the spybot startup will do it. I unchecked it as soon as I found it.

Yes, I do have Realtek audio, it came installed on the pc. I have been so tired the last couple days that I haven't tried all the steps yet, but I just printed everything out, and as soon as I feed the dogs, etc, I'm going to attack the list. Thanks again and you are not butting in at all! (and thanks for the good wishes re: school) I got an 87 on the last C++ exam, best grade I have gotten in that class. Only 6 people in the entire class passed the exam, and I know how the others feel because I am re-taking it after not doing well last semester. Anyway, I will keep you posted on how everything works out - I'm so glad it's Friday and I can take my time with this thing.

Cindy

bridezilla Guest

Hi again. I followed the link for RDTHCPL that you left for me, did as it said and downloaded the patch from windows, and guess what? The error message is gone. Thank you very much. I ran through one by one the system32.exe list that Oldsod left for me to check as far as msconfig keys and regedit keys. None of the suspected keys that might need to be deleted were there. That file is truly invisible, but I will check the sophos link as well. Thank you for your help.

Cindy

bridezilla Guest

Hello again. Okay, I went through the entire list, beginning with msconfig, and all the regedit keys. None of the suspected bad keys were found. Then I went to the router, which is the D-Link Air Plus Extreme G Wireless, model DI-624. I had all ready changed the password part, so I logged in, but this was the most confusing part of all. I am not stupid, but this part is way beyond me. I tried to enable WEP, but after clicking SAVE, I would go back to the page and it would be disabled again, until just by checking different boxes I enabled wireless radio? and it saved the WEP. I would send you the IP and my password info (if you would have time at your convenience to look at the settings, and if this wouldn't be too much of an imposition), because I just don't have a clue about all the numbers and stuff in there, but I know I am capable of making sure I don't have internet access by accident. It has some gaming things allowed and I don't ever play games, but again, I could not even highlight them to try and change. Either way I am grateful for all your help. The RTDHCPL DLL thing is gone, zasuiteuser sent me a link which I followed, downloaded a patch, and presto, it's gone. Have a terrific weekend, and thank you again.

Cindy (I don't remember if I told you, but I passed the C++ exam with an 87, best grade I have gotten in that class, and now that I know I will pass it I will be graduating May 19. Yippee! (Only 5 people in the entire class passed))

Congrats on the great test mark! Very goood!

See what I got...the owner/user manual for a router. Not sure is this is the right version, but the model seems rights...

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:.../DI-624_Manual.

Check it out. I bet there is a solution in there.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

zaswing Guest

You're very welcome.
    So we both have the same state. It's there, but isn't

zaswing Guest

I was once unfortunate enough to have this router for free. Got rid of it and went back to Linksys when I got fed up.
    624 has the most user-hostile interface ever invented. It's small, ugly, and nothing is where you expect it.
    However, as a firewall it worked very, very well.
    That said, here's link to their very many answers.
    http://support.dlink.com/faq/search.asp and find 624 model and go from there.
    For instance, to enable WPA-PSK (better than WEP), you need to be on Home > Wireleass whihc is ok
    but for something like disabling SSID you need to be under Performace.

WEP setup is here
    http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.as...stion=di%2D624 oh well it's for 614, but it's the same way

It is possible to shut off games. When you go BACK yu're probably looking at the PREVIOUS state of the page. So either re-enter DLINK interface, or in whatever way you can think of, refresh the page. It should take, honest.

bridezilla Guest

Looks like it might be the right one. I'll check it out now, and I found a number on the D-Link website for live help, so I think I will call them.

Sounds good.

If the PC is older, then it ,may not use WPA and instead use the WEP (which is my laptop default, but it is okay for my needs).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wired_Equivalent_Privacy

WPA is newer and better (more secure). Maybe the corrcct one must be used and both cannot be used at the saem time.

Concerns about the securing wireless or wifi of the home network is very imposrtnat if living in the city with parking lots and lots of streets and neighbours. War driving is always there- although either the Windows or the ZA will alert you of a mew intruder or connection being made to your LAN.

D-Link downloadable manual or PDF available for your model will make the setup of the router easier for you.

Best regards.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information