Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Spybot found Agobot-Ku worm, not able to find file or find with Zone Alarm

bridezilla Guest

Default Re: Spybot found Agobot-Ku worm, not able to find file or find with Zone Alarm

I had to redo the old pc myself when this one first got infected a month or so ago. I wanted some information from it, so I partitioned it and re-loaded XP in a separate area.

The internet we have is Verizon's fiber optic network, they call it Fios. The last time I looked at the router, PPoe or whatever it is was enabled. But this does not use a phone line at all. Once we switched from Verizon dsl to fiber optic, I had the phone turned off and we have had VOIP for a year or so. Hope you are having a nice Easter, and enjoy the rest of your day!
    Cindy

bridezilla Guest

Default Re: Spybot found Agobot-Ku worm, not able to find file or find with Zone Alarm

I hope you are having a nice relaxing Easter. Okay, you have convinced me, I am going to try and mess with this router, and I will start with the wired side. I do want to get to the wireless side because I have a PDA I want to configure, and a symbol wireless card for it. Wish me luck.
    Cindy

zaswing Guest

Thanks Oldsod!
    Good luck, Cindy. Suggestions - as you configure your router and windows, take screen shots, otherwise, if you're like me, you'll never remember where you did what. Keep Word or Wordpad open and just do it. 624 allows you to save your settings but they are not a plain text file so is unreadable. Correct me if I'm wrong. The only thing you may not want to put in a screen shot is your admin password, the verizon password, WEP key and list of mac addresses, so just save a screen before filling in and write something temporary "verizon password here" type of thing.

bridezilla Guest

Both you and Oldsod have been lifesavers for me. I would not have thought about screen shots, and I never would have remembered what I had or had not done! I can lose an item in the room that I'm in, without ever leaving the room. I really appreciate the time and effort both of you have invested to help me with my computer. Please email me if I can ever help with an animal related question/health issue.

Very gratefully,
    Cindy

zaswing Guest

Ok,Cindy, taking you up on the offer.
    How do I explain to the cat that when it's raining out the back door, it's raining out the front door as well?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information