Thread: New Trojan detected.

emmsee Guest

Default New Trojan detected.

I'm running V 7.0.337 and v3 AV and AS DAT version 01.2007.03.12854
    days ago ZA detected this trojan - "win32.worm.mytob.FN" and offered to delete or quarantine it.I first selected delete but like this guy [http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=1493] ZASS hangs and hasn't deleted after 2 hours. So I tried Quarantine and it does so but next reboot the trojan is back.Log says:ASW,2007/04/12,01:33:40 +10:00 GMT,Win32.Worm.Mytob.FN,Trojan,Manual

RegistryKey-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\Password Keeper

Directory-C:\Documents and Settings\Mike Coleman\Start Menu\Programs\Software by Design

RegistryKey-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Software by Design

RegistryKey-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Software by Design\Password Keeper for Windows 95/NT

RegistryKey-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Software by Design

RegistryKey-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Software by Design\Password Keeper for Windows 95/NT

RegistryKey-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\PassKeep

RegistryKey-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Extensions-RegValueName-pwk

RegistryKey-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\.pwk

RegistryKey-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\.pwx

RegistryKey-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CL
    Password Keeper is a genuine program that I've used since 1998 with no problems.When
    I quarantine the trojan it obviously makes Passwod Keeper unusable [ unless
    I reinstal it and I don't want to do that until I've got rid of the Trojan].
    Any suggestions on how to get rid of this
    regardsMike Coleman

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

beechboy Guest

Default Re: New Trojan detected.

I've had the same problem concerning the same program (Password Keeper). I'm using the latest v7 updates as of 11 April 7. Could this be a false positve?

Scan result details:

RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\Password Keeper
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\P layer\Skins\res://wmploc/RT_TEXT/wmpdxm.wsz
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\P references\VideoSettings
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\FirewallPortMappings
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\General\LatchSet1
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\NATCache
    Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Start Menu\Programs\Software by Design
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Software by Design
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Software by Design\Password Keeper for Windows 95/NT
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Software by Design
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Software by Design\Password Keeper for Windows 95/NT
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\PassKeep
    RegistryKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Extensions\pwk
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\.pwk
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\.pwx
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\pwkfile
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\pwxfile

Hi!please report this possible false positive to ZA labs, including where the Password Keeper installer can be downloaded (so they can test it).Report it here: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jspFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi!your AS DAT is outdated, please manual update your signature. We are at 1375 and not 1285.If you encounter an error updating it please do the following:1. Close ZA2. Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\Updates3. Remove all files and folders4. Open ZA5. Manual update your AV/AS signatureIf the above fails, try again (point 2 to 5) but in SAFE MODE (with networking).Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-12-2007 09:57 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mirvin Guest

I too have gotten the same warning. I deleted the reported Trojan, with apparently no problem although I have yet to reboot my machine. Password Keeper
    started alright, but I had to re-set up my options just as you would have to do if installing the program for the first time. All appears to be working so far.

Thread Information