Thread: SpyLocked pmsnrr.exe

ggski Guest

Default SpyLocked pmsnrr.exe

Apparently I picked up a spyware program that installed pmsnrr.exe on my computer.
    It put a toolbar at the top of my browser and has installed a auto running program in the program tray.
    I thought my ZoneAlarm software protected me from this, or at least would allow me to remove it.
    When I google the pmsnrr.exe it am sent to any number of sites that will sell me software to remove it.
    Shouldn't ZoneAlarm do that for me.
    Please advise course of action
    Gary Gulakowski

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: SpyLocked pmsnrr.exe

Take a look in this discussion group - http://discuss.pcmag.com/forums/thread/1004374322.aspx
    .<hr>Now click on to this link - If your PC is infested w/Spyware... - click here &gt; &gt; http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...are.htm#online
    . Follow the recommendations here. This is a &quot;trustworthy&quot; site , the other websites you found (with google)
    that promised to remove it,
    are Rogue/Suspect Anit-spyware products and Sites. If you read the rest of the large article in Spywarewarrior - you'll see what I mean, and understand. ZA is very good protection, but not 100% , depending on your ZA settings, surfing habits, and other security software(s) and pc set-up, this will determine your security. Two of the best stand-alone 'paid' anti-spyware are - Webroot SpySweeper and PCTools SpywareDoctor - very good, but at times -can have issues. What anti-virus are you using??Anyhow, go to the Spywarewarrior site and follow the recommendations there.:8}NaiveMelody NYC 4-14-07~12:28am e.s.t. - Jeopardy - Greg Kihn Band

Thread Information