Thread: New Trojan Downloader, Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.fl or Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.ga in Firefox???

mistress Guest

Default New Trojan Downloader, Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.fl or Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.ga in Firefox???

My ZASS found a new trojan this AM.
    (Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.fl). I have also seen it posted ending in .ga .
    Has anyone else had this pop up on their machine?
    What I don't understand is I use Firefox, with an add-on called "No Script", and I have ZASS running.
    How can this get through?
    This is where ZASS found the file and quarantined it.
    C:\Documents and Settings\MISTRESS\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\o40ekdet.default\Cac he\81B833DBd01

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 7.0

Message Edited by Mistress on 04-18-200704:59 PM

Message Edited by Mistress on 04-18-200704:59 PM

Default New Trojan Downloader, Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.fl or Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.ga in Firefox???

Open the cache and see what it is. It could be just a GIF. These use javascripts too or or some code contrary to the actual image.

Ever run rootkit revealer after a long browsing session with the cache nor cleaned out? The results will show the browser's cache full of rootkits.

Just cleaning the cache will remove all vulnerables.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mistress Guest

Default New Trojan Downloader, Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.fl or Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.ga in Firefox

The only reason I posted it was because I searched on google, and kaspersky.com
    had a listing for it, and 2 other similar trojans. Those end in .am, and .bs

I will still check on the rootkits. Couldn't hurt!

Thread Information