Thread: Harddrive wont open - wierd symbols

princekhan Guest

Default Harddrive wont open - wierd symbols

Hi, Ive had a really big problem recently. When i double click on my harddrive, it doesnt open and comes up with 'open with'. The only way to open it is double click, and then it says 'open with' and then find explorer.exe. When i right click on it, it comes up with funny symbols and 'open' and 'explore' is not there, there are funny symbols there instead.
    I heard its some sort of malware. Ive tried zonelabs antivus and spyware which didnt find anything and ive tried nod32 and other antivirus protections but nothing comes up. This is really anoyying me, can any1 help me out or has anyone any info about this?
    Thanks
    Khan

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Harddrive wont open - wierd symbols

Sounds like you may have a rootkit, but you need to make sure you are clean of malware first. Go here http://www.castlecops.com/f67-Hijack...ans_Oh_My.html and read the sticky's and the announcements , they will help you get your system clean, and if you still have a problem post a Hijackthis log over there. If they find nothing, they will get you help from the rootkit guys over there.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information