Thread: can't seem to get rid of 2 things that are stuck in my system..

denwo Guest

Default can't seem to get rid of 2 things that are stuck in my system..

Hello,

Girlfriend was installing something last weekend and at the same time must have been being scanned by someone as she allowed 2 programs that were not part of her installation.. She assumed they were, they were not and now I have this issue.

every boot up I get an error from x.exe connection has been refused by system (which is a good thing ) and it pops up twice. I asked her about it, she said yea, she allowed that one and one called run dll as an app.

So, ran numerous scans but cannot get rid of this issue and cannot find the run dll as an app anywhere. X.exe is hidden rather well as I can't find it through any means on my computer.

Any help to how I can get rid of this short of a format would be appreciated.

Thank you..

*edit*

also, the zonealarm client updates itself while not connected (I have DSL) and it does this for awhile before I can do anything online. This seemed strange to me.

Message Edited by denwo on 05-30-200707:53 AM

Default Re: can't seem to get rid of 2 things that are stuck in my system..

Hi!then best you can do is to get the help of malware experts, at castlecops for example.http://www.castlecops.com/f67-Hijack...ans_Oh_My.htmlPlease read mandatory steps before posting:http://www.castlecops.com/t102301-Hi...e_Posting.htmlFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jdoliver Guest

have you tried a freeware program called superantispyware?

denwo Guest

so your telling me that the software I paid for and install cannot fix this problem.

huh. Really makes me wonder why I bought it then..

Are you an actual Zonelabs Tech support rep or just a forum goer??

Hi!ZA staff does not monitor this forum, we are all users here....If you want to contact ZA technical support use their webform: www.zonelabs.com/tsform And next time please specify which version of ZA are you using.... there is no detail in your message.Fax

oddjob Guest

denwo ... you say "she allowed that one". If something is allowed by the use there's not much any program can do about it. The app will be allowed to run.

That was the mistake.

Zone Alarm is a firewall. It will do it's best to protect the user from malware infections but no program is going to overrule the user's "allow" command. ZA tech support will help you with any problems on ZA but, once a user has allowed a process to run, ZA has been bypassed.

Now it's on the machine your best bet is to use malware removal tools, as has been suggested.

Download Superantispyware (free), as has been suggested, install it and scan the system. Let it fix what it finds.

Get it here ...

http://www.superantispyware.com/

If that doesn't fix the problem you have two choices.

Either go to CastleCops (again, as has been suggested above) or you can post your HijackThis log to this thread. I will analyse it for you and give you advice on how to fix the problem.

By the way we are not just "forum goers". People like fax who post here do so on a voluntary basis to help people recover from what are usually mistakes of their own making.

There is much experience on boards such as this and at CastleCops. There is every probability the malware can be removed but you must follow the advice given.

Your call.

OJ

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>oddjob wrote:
    By the way we are not just "forum goers". People like fax who post here do so on a voluntary basis to help people recover from what are usually mistakes of their own making.

OJ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks!Indeed this is the reality Fax

Thread Information