Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win32.New.s

panbarrick Guest

Default Re: Win32.New.s - False Positive seems fixed with AS DAT AS 01.200705.1675

I discovered the Win32.New.s trojan while doing a ZA scan in safemode. ZA recommended deleting it and I did. Are we sure this is a false positive? What did I delete and is there a way to restore it after deletion? SHOULD I restore it? I have not had the shutdown problems...

Default Re: Win32.New.s - False Positive seems fixed with AS DAT AS 01.200705.1675

Hi!I don't think there is a way to restore it after deletion... may be a system restore to a previous date?Not sure what is going to be the effect on ZA...Was the file located here: C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\notepad.exe?If yes... the likely consecuence is that you may not be able to uninstall a MS service pack if you need to do so. Not a big damage...Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

panbarrick Guest

Something I failed to mention...Initially, I was online when suddenly, shortly after updating ZA, ZA got a big X through it and failed to function. Like it just shut off. So I restarted the computer in safemode and ran the antivirus/antispyware scan which came up with the trojan mentioned above (or false positive). I've deleted it as suggested and run subsequent scans which don't detect any further problems..But I tried to go online yesterday and ZA never came on the screen..Furthermore I couldn't restart or open any applications. The screen was just frozen, it was connected to the internet via wireless connection,but I moved and clicked the mouse and it just wouldn't let me do anything. I had to shut down the computer improperly by holding the power button. Did this twice with same result. So I'm starting to think it Was a trojan afterall...Again I did a deep inspection scan in safemode but it didn't detect anything...I can't open my browser or access anything on the computer. What do I do now? Thanks..

Hi!Sounds like that the two cold reboots may have corrupted the ZASS install...Try to start in SAFE MODE and remove ZASS following this intruction:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlRun a registry/system cleaner. ccleaner is quite good utility (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?f=3) Re-download the installer from here (and do NOT use any download managers):http://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload/ Install with default settings, do not alter them....Once rebooted manual update the antivirus/antispyware signature ('update now' under the antivirus/antispyware tab)After the update perform a full antivirus/antispyware scan.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information