As of yesterday, we now have a "shield" on the bottom right hand corner of our tool bar next to the "time". It rotates btwn blue with a ? mark, and red with an X alerting us that there are multiple Spywares attempting to attack our computer. I have not clicked on the Icon yet, b/c of a harsh learning experience I had in the past. Our op. system is WinXP, and this is a home computer. At the same time, as soon as we attempt to log on to the internet, we are immediately directed to a screen that pops up with a Win. Explorer page that states:"Warning ! W32.Myzor.FK@yf is a virus that infects files with .exe extensions. It attempts to steal passwords and private information from the infected computer. " The page then goes on to give a bunch of technical info. about the supposed virus/spyware and prompts us to press OK to take care of the problem.... I have not pressed OK as of yet, and simply closed the page and logged on. This "warning page" is a pop-up that is on top of the main page that opens up. It has a heading of 'Internet Security" in the top rt. hand corner, and the url in the address bar reads hxxp://protectstand.com/ , On the left hand side of the page is a column with "Official Partners", with links to "Programs that can help us". I have not opened up any of hese pages. I ran both an antivirus/antispyware scan fro my ZASS 7.0, but was unsuccessfull in getting rid of this page. I would really appreciate any help in resolving this problem. Prior to this my computer has been shutting itself down after every ViruScan, and I have to manually start the computer back up. This is unrelated to the current problem.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Software Version:7.0

Removed link

Message Edited by Greb49er on 06-10-2007 12:08 PM