Thread: windll.exe > please update your ZA

Hybrid View

vonwhiskers Guest

Default windll.exe > please update your ZA

So it was amazingly stupid of me to run an unknown exe on my computer, and now it seems I'm infected with an unrecognized malware virus than ZoneAlarm can't detect. Here are the details I could get. Program Name windll.exe Filename windll.exe Program Size 91343 Program MD5 b7a7ee95b79b5c3a63b8c2c464e79f39 Smart Checksum 2029d39c9c096168a3e4d36dfb7e2606 Date Modified Aug-10-2004 07:00:00 AM Event Type Registry Sub Event Type RegistrySetValue The exe is supposdly located in C:\windows\system32\windll.exe I can actually execute the file from this location, but I can't delete it or see it (invisible files shown). I did try through command prompt and had no luck there either. Is there anyway I can get rid of this? Searching around the net seems to reveal it's a trojan, but I have no luck following the steps to remove it. Hijackthis did not show anything. Any help is appreciated.

vonwhiskers Guest

Default Re: windll.exe

Apologies for the formating, I pasted it in from a text pad (bit of a noob here obviously).

Hi!it would help if, next time, you could detail your version 4,5,6,7?? ZASS, ZAAV, ZAAS, ZAPRo??? Windows2000, XP, VISTAIf you not running the latest version (i.e. 7) please update your ZA.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information