Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: win32.isbar.450

rduroc Guest

Default Re: win32.isbar.450

My ZA also logged Win32.Isbar.450 today.
    It was also associated with AmpX.dll in Nullsoft directory.
    This has been on my computer since I bought it new last year and ZA has never had a problem with it before.
    I updated my ZA antivirus and spyware definitions earlier today before the scan.
    I wonder if it has to do with updated definitions.

lysbeth Guest

Zone Labs has just flagged this Trojan on my computer. It appears to be part of my AOL software. If I quarantine it, when I log onto AOL I get a message advising I cannot properly access AOL media player. When I restore it, the message does not occur. Can I assume this is a genuine part of my AOL setup and restore it? If I do, is my computer vulnerable? Why would AOL need such a file? They seem unable or unwilling to answer my query
    Lysbeth

Hi

It's not AOL fault. The file does seem legitimate. Maybe instead it's te fault of the scanner?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

lysbeth Guest

>Hi It's not AOL fault. The file does seem legitimate. Maybe instead it's te fault of the scanner? Oldsod
    But the scanner is Zonelabs! Anyway, okay to leave?
    Thanks for your help
    Angela

Yes. I understood perfectly that the scanner is from ZA.

LOL

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

It is part of the AOL software and is a false positive.

webcrawlers Guest

This is the second time within a few days of getting this exact thing in the Null directory. ZA caught it I deleted it and now it is back. My question is where are we getting it from and how to keep it away. I am about to run scan in safe mode to see if it is actually gone. These activeX is killing me just another reason to
    cuss Microsoft

chatrage Guest

100% correct,
    false positive,
    AOL media player file missing
    message at AOL startup if that file is "quarantined",
    after its restored the error message gone.

lysbeth Guest

Thanks to all who reassured me this is a false positive and
    part of AOL.
    But does it mean that AOL have the kind of access to my computer described in the ZL alert?Lysbeth

Hi Lysbeth

It is unlikely that AOL has any control over your PC. If they did have this power, a large number of security vendors and security forces would have noticed and reported this and it would be made public with definite proof. And they would have taken action and long since destroyed AOL. So no, AOL is not spying on your PC or having any direct control.

However, most media players do want internet access for streaming or playing browser media or showing the latest videos/music available for purchase/downloading. Usually the sites involved have seen your IP (nothing unusual with that) and possiblely their site counters have tracked your visit and some cookies were exchanged. Again nothing unusual with those either.
    I never used the AOL player, but I would imagune they do the smae as any other large commercially available player does in these repsects. Such as Windows Media Player or RealPlayer or JetAudio or QuickTunes or MatchBox, etc.

Cheers,
    Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 07-24-2007 01:15 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information