Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monitor problem after trojan removal

janlan Guest

Default Re: Monitor problem after trojan removal

Yes,
    Glad this may be an easy problem to fix.
    Zone alarm found:
    win32.Isbar.450 on my computer.
    It tried to quarantine it, but Spybot interferes when Zone alarm wants to change the registry.
    Spybot, freezes up, and I can't say that I want to accept the registry change.
    The registry change was denied.
    I restarted my computer the next day, and my monitor would not display.
    I saw the 1/2 second windows symbol, and then it goes completely blank.
    Plugging in another monitor confirmed it wasn't my monitor.
    I hope getting to safe mode will fix my problem.
    Otherwise, my fears in switching away from Norton and trusting Zone Alarm will be true.

Is it not a good idea to have spybot on my computer with zone alarm?
    I do not want to loose my files!

janlan Guest

I was able to just barely start my computer in safe mode.
    I am running a virus check in Zone alarm, but I couldn't figure out how to update the viruses or the spyware.
    The zone alarm interface was much larger than my monitor, and I could not scroll over to see the bottom of the interface.
    It looked like the viruses were updated 8/2/07, but I couldn't tell if the spyware was up to date.

Any ideas?

Signature should end with 2115 or 2125, the one ending with 2085 is the one with the problem.

janlan Guest

Was that in response to my question?
    I was able to use a restore point to restart windows.
    Zone alarm immediately tried to do a virus scan.
    For some reason it starts with my e:/ drive rather than c.
    With these possible viruses, is it good/necessary to reinstall the operating system?
    I just hope this doesn't happen again.

fung Guest

I've just received a reply from ZA regarding removal of this trojan from their definitions
    - Result !!

Fri, August 3, 2007 7:41 pm (BST)

Subject:

Tech Support Ticket: Anti-spyware removal ISSUE=582060 PROJ=4

&quot;ZoneAlarm Technical Support&quot; **bleep**<div align="center" class="MsoNormal"><hr>

Hello Fung,
    Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support.

I understand that you have a question about a virus on your system. I
    apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing you.

We have updated the anti-spyware definitions as of August 1 to ensure
    that we don't detect this file as malicious any longer. Ensure that
    ZoneAlarm is up to date by clicking the Update Now button on the
    Antivirus/Antispyware -&gt; Main tab.

Thank you for choosing ZoneAlarm Security!

Kelly
    Technical Support
    ZoneAlarm
    A Division of Check Point Software<div align="center" class="MsoNormal"><hr>

Original msg:

Please see User Forum Thread titled ZA Anti Spyware thinks oem8.PNF is Trojan

Should Trojan name Win32.Trojan.Dropper.Small.156 be removed from your Anti-Spyware definitions list so that it doesn t come up in the Scan Report ?? Or at least update the ZA webpage linked to warn users that it may cause problems if quarantining it before deciding if the files are needed, when users click on the More Info button.

johnsonmr Guest

I posted a similar report in the wrong spot, and just now found this thread.
    I run my computer XP Pro 24/7 with ZA Security Suite, last restart was probably 7/29. This am (8/4) I did a restart, and the screeen went blank after the Windows splash screen. I could &quot;hear&quot; windows start up, music etc, email arriving, etc. but the screen was blank. Went to another computer and was able to access the files over the network, so the computer was booting just fine but not displaying. Unable to enter Safe Mode - got the menu options, but selecting safe mode just froze. After stumbling a while trying to solve what I thought was a video problem (switching monitors, etc), decided I had probably corrupted a driver. I restored (Acronis True image) the C:\ parition from last nights backup. No joy. Since I do daily images I worked back and discovered the problem went away after restoring from 7/31. Following startup, Virus scanner ran and detected a virus -- I didn't write down the name but it had a Win32..... Trojan notation. I recalled that I had encountered this before and had done the recommended quarntine. Things had run fine until I attempted to restart today (8/4). Not thinking this virus was related to a video problem, I deleted it an went on, not being alert enough to copy down the name. I subsequently tried a restart and the old problem returned. I restored from 7/30 backup, the virus scan did not detect a virus, and all seems well at this point. It appears that ZA is not handling that virus -- whichever one I encounted, correctly.This forum indicates that updating the virus software resolves the problem of a false positive... I run with auto updates so it appears possible to detect the virus, and create the problem before receiving the updates. Other than backing up to a point before the false positive is there any other resolution?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information