Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sought 2nd opinion re Win32.Backdoor.Revel.110, instead found malware missed by ZASS

amethyst Guest

Default Sought 2nd opinion re Win32.Backdoor.Revel.110, instead found malware missed by ZASS

Yeah, that was interesting. I was just going to do a quick online scan of the System 32 folder with **bleep**, and it flagged dbxDgrevCheck.dll as a "virus", Adware.Agent.RB. (I don't think **bleep** does spyware per se.) I checked the file's properties. 240 kb, created December 15/06, no signature indicating who created it or where it came from. I couldn't find anything good about it on a google search, no info other than people mentioning it in Hijack This discussions. I let **bleep** have another go at it and had the file deleted. Restarted computer, file is no longer there and no problems with computer. MSRD020.dll was not picked up by **bleep** as infected. ZASS's antispyware scanner now is flagging it, though, with the lastest sigs.

Is there an online malware scanner that one can use to get a second opinion which gives you the option to choose which folders it's going to scan and what it does with what it finds? Besides Kapersky, I mean. ;-)

Amethyst
    Windows XP MCE

ZASS 6.5

~~~ removed ~~~

Message Edited by amethyst on 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Message Edited by amethyst on 08-20-2007 11:48 PM

Message Edited by fax on 08-21-2007 01:25 AM

Default Re: Sought 2nd opinion re Win32.Backdoor.Revel.110, instead found malware missed by ZASS

Hi!please note that cheating on forum filters is against the ToS. I have removed it....Sorry in advance and thank you for your understanding.For a second opinion just use www.virustotal.com . Files will be scanned by more than 30 AV engines.Please note that Win32.Backdoor.Revel.110 is not a Kaspersky detection but a ZA AS detection.Please report any false positives here:http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jspCheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 08-21-2007 01:28 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

duras Guest

Default Re: Sought 2nd opinion re Win32.Backdoor.Revel.110, instead found malware missed by ZASS

I have just deleted Win32.Backdoor.Revel.110 picked up by ZA SS before I read this thread.
    Is it a threat or not?
    And if not should I restore my computer to pre-deletion?
    Regardsduras

Hi!if you have deleted it there is no way to restore it. You could try to restore your system using MS System restore (choose a date before the deletion)Please note that ZA does not delete files on default settings. It quarantine the files.It is usually good norm not to delete files in the quarantine as soon as something is stored there.Quarantine is a safe and isolated place. There is no way to execute a file in the quarantine.Cheers,Fax

duras Guest

Thanks for the reply fax.
    So is Win32.Backdoor.Revel.110 not spyware?
    RegardsDuras

No idea, sorry... you need to ask ZA.It sounds like a false positive.ZA tech support here: www.zonelabs.com/tsform or report it to: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jspCheers,Fax

I agree with GURU fax that it may be a false positive as I ran a scan with SS and it did not find it.

NNard

amethyst Guest

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:

Hi!
    please note that cheating on forum filters is against the ToS. I have removed it....
    Sorry in advance and thank you for your understanding.

Amethyst wrote:

No problem. Anyway, sorry about that, it won't happen again. :-)

Fax wrote:

For a second opinion just use www.virustotal.com . Files will be scanned by more than 30 AV engines.
    Amethyst wrote:

Thanks for the link. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,
    Amethyst

Windows XP MCE
    ZASS 6.5</blockquote>

Message Edited by amethyst on 08-21-2007 05:20 AM

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

blueberrymay Guest

Hi!
    Thanks for the link. I have just sent msrdo20.dll to just use www.virustotal.com for another opinion. The file was scanned by 31 AV engines. Nothing unusual was detected. I'm assuming a False Positive from ZA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information