Thread: Trojan-clicker.win32.agent.mk

aggiepants Guest

Default Trojan-clicker.win32.agent.mk

My computer is infected with Trojan-clicker.win32.agent.mk at path: C:\windows\system32\nekgnek.dll.
    This is the information provided by ZA's scanning status with the message "delete on reboot" but when tried, the message "error" then "failed" appears. In addition, the "update" feature and the "scan" feature appear disabled on the ZA screen.

I'm running Zone Alarm Security Suite purchased in June and my operating system is Windows XP Pro.

Has anyone had success at removing this trojan? Does anyone know of any other virus software that can remove it?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Trojan-clicker.win32.agent.mk

Open the PC in the safe mode. Then open the ZA and do a complete scan. That should help to remove it.

If you would like some extra tools, then use the Dr Web Cureit and the Stinger and the Norman Malware Cleaner. Just use one at a time amd make sure the ZA antivirus is off at the time they are being used.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-19-2007 02:55 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

aggiepants Guest

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, the problem persists. I tried using ZA in safe mode but it failed to remove the trojan and gave me the same scan results as when performing a scan in regular mode. Dr. Web Cureit uncovered more problems but was also unable to delete the trojan file causing problems. Stinger and Norman Malware didn't uncover any troublesome infections.

Do you know of any other way I can remove this?

Thank you again for your help.

Troyans are especially hard to remove. They install themselves and become part of the windows operating system. Any removal attempts is stopped by windows itself as it will now protect the rogue files, since it sees these as part of the operating system.

Sometime manual removal can be done in the safe mode. That often works.
    Often the best advice is to post a HJT (HiJack This) log at a forum such as these one at CastleCops. Usually the best bet and the most reliable. The experts offer free help and get the job done.

However, if you want to remove the file with a tool, then use this tool. It usually does the job.

Since this infection is relatively new, there may be some rootkit involved or other unknowns involved. Hence the best advice is to post at CastleCops. They will not miss anything and will help you fix the PC.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

aggiepants Guest

Thanks. I'll try Castlecops and let you know how it goes. Your advice is really appreciated.

You are welcome. Troyans, viruses and malware are very frustrating and aggravating. Best regards, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information