Thread: Trojan-Dropper.agent.ack

greensworld Guest

Default Trojan-Dropper.agent.ack

Hi guys

If anyone can provide suggestions on how to remove this trojan from my system i would be eternally gratefull. I have performed both anti-virus and anti-spyware scans and nothing is coming up. But when i run Uniblue SpyEraser trial version it keeps detecting the trojan. For some reason zonealarm isnt picking it up any suggestions ?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Trojan-Dropper.agent.ack

<blockquote><hr>Greensworld wrote:
    Hi guys

If anyone can provide suggestions on how to remove this trojan from my system i would be eternally gratefull. I have performed both anti-virus and anti-spyware scans and nothing is coming up. But when i run Uniblue SpyEraser trial version it keeps detecting the trojan. For some reason zonealarm isnt picking it up any suggestions ?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the forum:
    Some suggestions:
    1 - Run some free online Scanners;
    www.ewido.net
    www.housecall.trendmicro.com
    http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/index.php
    And/or
    2 - Download and run Hijackthis from www.trendmicro.com and post your HJT log to
    www.bleepingcomputer.com
    where trained experts will work with you to remove all malware.
    You'll need to register with the site but it's free.
    You'll also find alot of malware removal guides on this site as well as a bunch of tutorials.
    3 - This may be a false positive and doing #1 and/or #2 will give you the answer.
    Please post back your results.
    Hope this helps you,Findley

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Trojan-Dropper.agent.ack - false positive?

Here read this test review of SpyEraser by pcmag.com 2-6-07 , click here &gt; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2091004,00.asp
    <hr>Excerpts:

SpyEraser is a danger to itself and to others. It's poor at removing existing spyware, sometimes killing innocent processes, and it's even worse at keeping systems from getting infected in the first place. Look elsewhere for spyware protection.

Scans very quickly.

Performed poorly in spyware removal and blocking tests; produced false positives. Spyware removal can kill other processes, including Windows Explorer and SpyEraser itself. Forces you to make judgments based on cryptic, sometimes misleading pop-ups.<hr>And most importantly see this excerpt: &quot;Some of the removed traces were impossible to identify, and others seemed clearly unrelated to the alleged spyware. As far as I could tell, the scan had generated a significant number of false positives.&quot;<hr>My advice - un-install now. Oh, almost forgot, if you had quarantined any file &gt; restore them; hopefully you can 'properly' restore without any corruption. If you had deleted any &quot;false positives/?&quot; prey it isn't an important file or system file; you know where to point your finger if any software or pc systems begin to malfunction or behave less optimally.<hr>X-(NaiveMelody NYC 12-4-07 - Funeral For A Friend - Elton John

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 12-05-2007 01:51 AM

Thread Information