Thread: Are QdrModule10.exe and QdrPack10.exe Malware?

stevekrk Guest

Default Are QdrModule10.exe and QdrPack10.exe Malware?

Over the past two days ZA has quarantined 6 varieties of "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32" and 3 varieties of "Trojan-Downloader.Win32". Now I have a problem with QdrModule10.exe and QdrPack10.exe trying to repeatedly open Internet Explorer. In the C:\Program Files\QdrPack folder there are two new files, dicts.gz and trgts.gz, that were created right before my computer locked up briefly and ZA caught the first of the viruses. In the C:\Program Files\QdrModule folder the files dic.gz and kwd.gz were also created at the same time. I've tried scanning these folders with ZA and the whole drive but ZA doesn't see any problems. Some websites are very slow to load now and gmail.com will not open with the standard view.

Thanks for any help

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Are QdrModule10.exe and QdrPack10.exe Malware?

As best I can tell, these are malware. It is more than likely there is some other malware installed.

Go the main forum of castlecops.com and create an account. Then follow the instructions from this HJT forum by following these instructions. Psost the HJT logs and the expert help will assist you in removing any malware. Free and very effective.

Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

stevekrk Guest

Thanks. It looks like they were part of something called Internet Speed Monitor. I followed the instructions at Castlecops and just removed them from the Control Panel but there are still some others lurking. When I try to go to the site for the HijackThis Installer or any of the other clean up programs they recomend I just get a message saying "This Site Has Been Blocked". I'm gonna pull the drive and hook it up to another computer via USB-IDE adapter and try to treat it from there or download HijackThis and other programs to another computer and copy them to the infected computer.

OK that seems wise. Such a nice name for such bad malware. I guess this is something new and has not been around before.
    Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

dave1622 Guest

I found a program and program files that I didn't recognize.
    I delted that and the prolbem went away.
    Thanks for your help,.
    Dave16

Thread Information