Thread: Other anti-spyware programs to use with ZASS - iexplor.exe malicious program?

problemsolved Guest

Default Other anti-spyware programs to use with ZASS - iexplor.exe malicious program?

I use ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.
    I've been very happy with it, but I would like to know if anyone can recommend
    any free
    anti-spyware programs that run on-demand only (not running constantly
    in the background).
    There is a program on my computer that may be malicious (iexplor.exe).
    ZASS isn't picking it up, and I want to see if another program identifies and removes it.
    For now, I have "killed" the program in ZASS under Program Control.
    Thanks for any suggestions!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Other anti-spyware programs to use with ZASS - iexplor.exe malicious program?

Hi!I would suggest you upload that file to www.virustotal.com, it will be checked by more than 30 antivirus engines.That the best overview you can get to assess if that file is malware.Another suggestion is to update to the latest version of ZASS 7.It comes with a new antivirus engine by Kaspersky. One of the best AV on the market.ZA 6.5 is equipped with CA-VET engine and it is considered a quite weak antivirus solution particularly against trojan.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

problemsolved Guest

Default Re: Other anti-spyware programs to use with ZASS - iexplor.exe malicious program?

Thanks for the suggestion, fax.
    Also, thanks for all your assistance on this forum.
    I know that a lot of people have benefited from your advice!
    Can you suggest any free, on-demand
    anti-spyware programs that can be used regularly, in addition to ZASS?
    I'm looking for a trusted, downloadable program and
    it must "play nice" with ZASS.

You're welcome!Thank you for your kind words... I would personally suggest superantispyware, its free and very good detection/cleaning capability especially for persistent pests.Here: http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREECheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

problemsolved Guest

Default Additional anti-spyware program to use in conjunction with Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite

Thanks for that recommendation, fax.
    I'll look into that program.
    Does anyone else have additional recommendations?
    I'm looking for a free, downloadable anti-spyware program that can be used in conjunction with ZAISS.
    I don't want another program that loads on startup.
    I want to just scan occasionally with the supplemental program and continue to
    use ZAISS for daily scans.

tasman Guest

Like fax said, I would give this a try, I have been using it for a month and have had great luck with it. I am using the free version. I was using adaware se , but the have discontinued it and the new version runs in the background so I dumped it. This is one of the better ones I have usedTasmanhttp://www.superantispyware.com/

Message Edited by tasman on 01-17-2008 06:51 PM

zaswing Guest

ProblemSolved,
    Internet Explorer version 7 has some provisions, if you set it up carefully.

The best thing is not to use IE at all (except for Windows updates). Use Opera or Firefox instead. I've learned it here, and there's no going back to IE unless I really must.

As far as thescanners go, I second the opinions of SuperAntiSpyware. It really shines, and outshines even Spybot, which you can use if you wish, so long as you do NOT enable the TeaTimer which is the load at startup and run in the background thing you're trying to avoid. It's an old standby. I've used it with ZASS v6 for a good bit of time, but not with v7.

Spybot is freeware, donations are very welcome:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 01-17-2008 10:39 PM

watcher Guest

Default Re: Additional anti-spyware program to use in conjunction with Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite

Dear ProblemSolved:

Yes, I do. Check out PC Tools ThreatFire, a behavior-based antispyware scanner to complement your ZAISS and SuperAntiSpyware signature-based scanners. PC Magazine reported it(the free version) worked well in the detection and removal of ACTIVE spyware threats. It works both in real-time and on-demand. It uses low RAM resources and I've had no compatibility problems with it and my other security software(I have it set to load at startup along with ZAPRO and another antispyware program). Note there is a commercial version of this program but stay clear of that. That version includes an antivirus program.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

problemsolved Guest

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much to everyone for all your recommendations!
    I have installed the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware and I love it.
    It seems to work well in conjunction with ZoneAlarm Internet Security.

Message Edited by ProblemSolved on 01-19-2008 03:17 PM

Thread Information