Thread: Trojan-Downloader.JS.Remora.bg

melusine Guest

Default Trojan-Downloader.JS.Remora.bg

Greetings all. L
    ast nigh, Zone alarm told me that I have a Trojan-Downloader.JS.Remora.bg
    It will not alow me to quarantine or remove it and I can find no information online about it. I am running Zone alarm Security Suite for Vista. Does anyone have a clue what this is, what it does and how to get rid of it!! All help gratefully appreciated.
    Melusine

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Trojan-Downloader.JS.Remora.bg

Hi Melusine

Trojan-Downloader.JS.Remora.bg is a troyan horse which entered by using or through a javascript in either the email/attachment or during web browsing (most likely source).

To remove I would suggest to use these two freeware scanner. Download, install and update and then scan with asquared free and superantispyware free. The repeat the two scanners again in the safe mode.
    If the troyan still does not leave, the disable the System Restore and reboot and scan again with the tow scanners and with the ZA.

A follow up can be done using the Internet Explorer (these use activeX) with these online scanners ewido and http://www. b i t d e f e n d e r .com/scan8/ie.html (sorry but I had to space the url to avoid the forum filters!).

Cheers, Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-26-2008 12:28 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

melusine Guest

I have scanned with both the programmes you have suggested and neither have picked it up. What do you suggest now!?

melusine Guest

Zone Alarm has now allowed me to delete it, and another I
    unknowingly picked up yesterday. Is that it now? Are they gone for good. Have
    people not got anything better to do than write bloody viruses. Tossers. Thank you for your help.

I agree - all that talent and smarts is wasted on malicious foolishness.

To be 100 per cent sure, ask a malware expert. Post a Hi Jack This (HJT) log at castlecops.com forum. Start first here and closely follow all the instructions and links. After they read the log and give advice or declare the PC clean.

I suppose doing another repeat scan with the ZA will help.
    Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

melusine Guest

Oldsod. I love castlecops. That site will keep me entertained for ages, so much good stuff on it. Bless your wrinkly old cotton socks. :womanvery-happy: x

Thank you Melusine. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information