Thread: ZASS 7.0.302.000 says active items Treatment options ERROR TROJAN.JS.REDIRECTOR.F

sillyrabbitt Guest

Default ZASS 7.0.302.000 says active items Treatment options ERROR TROJAN.JS.REDIRECTOR.F

I was doing a google image search and clicked on a link and ZASS 7.0.302.000 says there is an active item. The treatment options are "ERROR" file could not be scanned. The name of the file is TROJAN.JS.REDIRECTOR.F

The directions say to search google with the name of the virus and the words removal but i cannot find a way to remove it.

I followed the path to where it was in my firefox cache and deleted it but now ZA says two items are active one in the cache and one in the recycle bin.

Not sure what to do next?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS 7.0.302.000 says active items Treatment options ERROR TROJAN.JS.REDIRECTOR.F

Hi!try to download and runthis standalone virusscanner: www.freedrweb.com Also clean your java cache that you will most probably find in: C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\ If you are not able to clean your cache please try to do it in SAFE MODEHow to start in SAFE MODE:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...utorial61.htmlYou are using a very old version of ZASS 7. That version is known to have serious issues with the antivirus engine.You should update to the latest version that you will find here: www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownloadCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sillyrabbitt Guest

Default Re: ZASS 7.0.302.000 says active items Treatment options ERROR TROJAN.JS.REDIRECTOR.F

Thanks for the info. I will try it all!

Do you think my computer is infected? ZA caught something right? did it stop it even though it got an error scanning it? does it still reside on my cpu? did it ever since ZA noticed?

THANKS!

You're welcome!
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>sillyrabbitt wrote:
    Do you think my computer is infected? ZA caught something right? did it stop it even though it got an error scanning it? does it still reside on my cpu? did it ever since ZA noticed?!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't know, I should be in front of the system to really check If the freedrweb fails also try this:http://www.prevx.com/freescan.aspAnd once your system is cleaned please update to the latest version of ZACheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 02-08-2008 12:16 AM

sillyrabbitt Guest

thanks! I will try all of this. can I just update ZASS? or i need to unistall first?

thanks

Hi!
    first I would remove the java trojan, then update.

To update, the best to avoid any problem usually is:
    1. Download the new version
    2. On teh current version UNcheck "Load ZA.. at start-up" (ZA Overview --> Preferences)
    3. Reboot
    4. Install the new version (clean install option)

Cheers,
    Fax

sillyrabbitt Guest

ok so no virus/trojans were found with the scans! THANKS!

i am going to update ZASS do i need to remember all my settings/ip address for my network etc? should i write them down or it will remember it and put them into the new version?

thanks!!!

Thread Information