Thread: Trojan "Found" but no action taken

seakayaker Guest

Default Trojan "Found" but no action taken

Hello,

I was checking the Anti-Spyware log on ZSS Version 7 and I see an entry that says a trojan was "found" but I do not see any indication that any action was taken to remove it.

The name of the trojan is Win32.AdWare.WebEx and the ZSS log entry detail says:

Type: Scan
    Category: Trojan
    Name: Win32.AdWare.WebEx
    Action: Found
    Mode: Auto

Note that the only Action mentioned was "Found." Did ZoneAlarm get rid of it? Or do I need to do something further to get rid of it.

When I click on the More Info button I just get taken to a very generic definition of what a trojan is.

TIA,

SeaKayaker

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Trojan "Found" but no action taken

<blockquote><hr>SeaKayaker wrote:
    Hello,

I was checking the Anti-Spyware log on ZSS Version 7 and I see an entry that says a trojan was &quot;found&quot; but I do not see any indication that any action was taken to remove it.

The name of the trojan is Win32.AdWare.WebEx and the ZSS log entry detail says:

Type: Scan
    Category: Trojan
    Name: Win32.AdWare.WebEx
    Action: Found
    Mode: Auto

Note that the only Action mentioned was &quot;Found.&quot; Did ZoneAlarm get rid of it? Or do I need to do something further to get rid of it.

When I click on the More Info button I just get taken to a very generic definition of what a trojan is.

TIA,

SeaKayaker

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

SeaKayaker,

Some thoughts:
    1- Do you have the virus scan treatment set to repair and quarantine if repair fails? Yes, then ZAISS found malware and was able to repair - no other action required on your part. If it was quarantined that would appear in your antivirus/antispyware quarantine tab.

2 - if in doubt about the prospect of malware on your computer - do another ZAISS scan and see what results.

3 - If in doubt you could run an online scanner or download SUPERantispyware - its free and used by alot of people in the computer community and has a very good reputation. You can download it for free and the updates are free and you have an on-demand scanner you can run at will for a second opinion of the health of your computer. It is here: www.superantispyware.com

Hope this helps you,
    Findley

findley Guest

SeaKayaker,

Sorry - just realized I mentioned online scanners and forgot to include links:

Some free online scanners:

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

http://www.ewido.net/en/

Regards,
    Findley

michholt Guest

Hi Findlay
    Re the 'Actio taken' - found. What does it actually mean. The system has found it but what did it do with it, or what action do I need to take. Further I have tried to find in the tutorials etc what the various actions mean but have not been successful, do you have a take on that?.
    Cheers

Thread Information