Thread: Google desktop search infected with Trojan-downloader.win32.banload.nrd ?

holdgaj Guest

Default Google desktop search infected with Trojan-downloader.win32.banload.nrd ?

ZA is reporting that googledesktop search is infected with the above virus. Strange since I scanned the entire drive yesterday & all was fine. I redownloaded from Google & got the same symptom during the install.
    Someone else seems to be having the same problem with another AV program - kaspersky ..
    "Hi all,I'm newbie in here. And I'm just updating my KIS and it says that my Google Desktop Search is infected with Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload.nrd. But I download Google Desktop directly right from Google Official's Website. Something's wrong here? Or is this just a false alarm?"
    Is it possible that the download is infected - seems unlikely ...

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Google desktop search infected with Trojan-downloader.win32.banload.nrd ?

<blockquote><hr>holdgaj wrote:
    ZA is reporting that googledesktop search is infected with the above virus. Strange since I scanned the entire drive yesterday &amp; all was fine. I redownloaded from Google &amp; got the same symptom during the install.
    Someone else seems to be having the same problem with another AV program - kaspersky ..
    &quot;Hi all,I'm newbie in here. And I'm just updating my KIS and it says that my Google Desktop Search is infected with Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload.nrd. But I download Google Desktop directly right from Google Official's Website. Something's wrong here? Or is this just a false alarm?&quot;
    Is it possible that the download is infected - seems unlikely ...

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

holdgaj,

To find out if it is a false positive I suggest you upload the file to http://www.virustotal.com/
    where the file will be analyzed for malware against 30+ anti-virus engines and you'll get a report indicating which if any engines found malware.

Regards,

Findley

Thread Information